Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor -- Adding New Devices

Denny

I plan to add the iDMX-1000 and CMB-16D (DC Card) during the June sale. So, I would like to include them in the sequence editor now. How do I set these two controllers up in the Sequence Editor? I have added channels, but when I select the Channels Settings, Device Type, neither of these devices are listed. I am using version 2.0.14. I have tried a search in the help file, but can't find anything there. Where are the instructions located to insert these devices?

BobinFL wrote:

I just selected Light-O-Controller and used the default address, E0, for the iDMX1000.

I suspect the same teqhnique will work for the other card as well.

HTH

If you assign the iDMX 1000 as a regular controller, what do you do about the extra 15 (or 7) channels that a regular controller would have?

I then assume that you assign all the DMX fixtures through the hardware utility and don't make an entry for them in the Animation window? How do you make an entry in the sequence editor for the different fixtures?

Time to download the user manuals from the support page and do some reading until the June sale arrives!

Went back and downloaded the manuals from LOR support for the CMB16D and the iDMX-1000. Let's see if I am on the right track to understanding this.

It makes no difference what type of controller you have from LOR, just assign it as a Light-O-Rama controller.

The iDMX-1000 is a little more involved. Depending on the number of DMX channels that I plan to use, I may have to assign several unit IDs from EO to EF for one controller. (I assume there is a typo in the user manual, page 34, Appendix B. The last entry should read "xF" rather than "xE.") Based on the maximum number of channels available right now in the iDMX, the sequence editor assumes that I have 16 more LOR controllers with a total of 256 channels attached. I then assign those channels based on the functions of the attached DMX device as described in the user manual.

Is this an acceptable, general understanding of how these two units are assigned in the Sequence Editor?

Probably only LOR staff can answer the following:

If this is correct and so that I don't have to reaccomplish the entire thing next year (or when the iDMX1000 is capable of 512 channels), do I need to reserve some other address/unit ID for the additional 256 channels that will be available down the road?

Denny,

As BobinFL stated, you are correct about your understanding and the typo in manual. As far as the full 512 addresses are available, when that happens, there will be a single Unit ID and that controller will have 512 circuits rather than the 16 which is the maximum today.

Dan

Mountainwxman wrote:

Dan... would this option be available in the next upgrade (full version by June)?

It is my understanding that there will be no changes to S2 (other than any bug fixes needed) in the upcoming release in June. I believe Dan said that what we have now is S2 and the only thing different in the June release will be the verification procedure for existing LOR users.

Denny wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Dan... would this option be available in the next upgrade (full version by June)?

It is my understanding that there will be no changes to S2 (other than any bug fixes needed) in the upcoming release in June. I believe Dan said that what we have now is S2 and the only thing different in the June release will be the verification procedure for existing LOR users.

Seems I have confused everyone so let me straighten things out. Look for another post on "S2 Releases"....