Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving One Controller

melmark4

Season Greetings and HELP

Moved the first controller over to the right side of the house. Originally controller #1 controlled all the blue lights and controller #2 controlled all the red lights. Controller 3 and 4 controlled various lights. I was able to get the blue lights to move up the yard across the house and back to the sidewalk thus getting a wave or motion action. I decided to move the 1st controller (blue) to the other side of the house thus cutting down using a lot of extension cords. Controller 1 still controls 1 thru 8 then and I moved the extension cords 1.9 --1.16 to Controller 2 (red) as 2.1 thru 2.8.  Controller 2(red) extension cords 2.1 thru 2.8 was moved to Controller 1.  I made up a new channel configuration and imported the new set up to all the songs. What else do I have to change for the song to play properly. Did I explain myself well enough?.

Thanks Mark

Edited by melmark4

As long as you have properly assigned each light string to the proper controller/channel according to your new set up AND you have either changed or imported the new channel configuration into every sequence you should be good to go. 

Merry Christmas

Had to read a 2nd time to follow the math...basically you switch 8 channels on 2 controllers, to the other controller.

Exactly what isn't working..everything, the changes changes, sporatic function...?

Without knowing more, make sure you configuration has unique controlledid/channels combinations. 

The Verifier tool in the LOR Panel (lightbuld icon) is useful in id'ing incompatible channel config issues.

Thanks for the prompt reply guys,  On a song with the original setup. I have 1 thru 16 blue on at 50% no other lights at the beginning.  Now I take that song and import  the new ch. config, where 1-8 are the same (BLUE) and I.9 TO 1.16 is red w/ 2.1 thru 2.8 assigned to blue and 2.9 thru 2.16 red.  

1 thru 8 blue           9 thru 16 red                      Now I have 50% blue 1 thru 8 and 50% red 1.9 thru 1.16  What do I need to do  I tried to send a pic and it was to 

2.1 thru 2.8 blue      2.9 thru 2.16 red                big of a file. you can contact me at  mnmchristmasdisplay@ gmail.com  and  I could send you  a pic.

Mark

I figured out a way but it means going through each 30 songs and dragging 1.9 into the 2.1 spot  and so forth till I get to 1.16 and dragged 2.1 thru 2.8 into the 1.9 position and so forth. Then I can import the new channel configuration. A lot of work Thanks for the input.

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have your show up and running.

Mark

Spending a few minutes on each sequences to import a new configuation is still way quicker than manually changing each sequences.

As long as your channels are the same in the SE, but you only changed the colors, controller and channel #'s to match the new channels/controllers, then export out, then import into all existing sequences that require the change.  As long as you didn't add any channels between or above the "modified" channels, you should only need to import into your pre-existing sequences to line everything up correctly.   I do this all the time in my sequences when I opt to move a controller or reset something a bit different.  As long as the channel count is identical, changing the channel button names/color, controller ID's and Channel #'s should cause no issues.

This only causes an issue if you add channels above or between any of the existing channels.    But from what you describe, this should just be a simple channel export from the main sequence you changed, then use it as an import into all your previous sequences to update them to the correct controller/channel #'s.