Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to setup in a crazy early snowstorm!

JeffF

This past Saturday it was sunny and 60F. Then Sunday it was colder and started to snow... and it's still snowing here on Monday evening. :D

Video was taken Sunday night because I just wanted to see what the blue LEDs looked like in the snow. The display is about 70-75% setup, except the mega trees are collapsed down(I do that when the wind is over 35-40MPH) and there is one arch inside the house for troubleshooting and there are a couple things now working correctly... but you get the idea.

Crazy weather!! As of 11:30am the official total was 17.5" and we've gotten at least 3" or 4" more since then.

As soon as the wind dies down I'll be fine continuing with the setup. It's just been brutal with 50MPH gusts out there! This is normal weather for December and January... not for November.

At least it looks pretty! :D

Edited by JeffF
  • Like 2

Nice with the snow!  Would love to have that happen to our display to see what it would look like but I'm not willing to have my palm trees die off!

Looks great! The snow really does add that extra effect to a display. Although I'm glad to not really deal with too much of it anymore! It was in the low 50's here today, perfect for doing yard work and light display work!

Living down south, we don't get snow.  But this year a friend of mine is setting up a snow machine so that her yard will have snow once her decorations go live.  I'm so jealous because I ALMOST bought one this year (for 10 years her family and our family have a friendly Christmas decor competition) but decided to focus on creating my first spiral tree and four lattice trees (which I'm constructing over the next couple of days) instead.

I love the snow and how displays look and glow because of it. Wished we would get snow more often here in Oklahoma.

Got everything that is out wired and fixed today. Also shoveled all the spots I will be working tomorrow. Whatta pain.

Just not used to this soo early in the season. :D

Oh yeah? You think you have it bad? Try swatting wasps and other pests while putting up the display. :ph34r:

Just not used to this, so late in the season. :) B)

• The topic was locked