Light-O-Rama Forums

My Arch Placement - Which do think???

Santas Helper

I'm adding 4 RGB arches this year and come up with two different placements for them.

Mini trees haven't been set out yet but they will be on each side of the driveway so keep that in mind when thinking about the arches. 

Which placement do you think looks better?

DSC09061_zpsqzk72er3.jpg

DSC09062_zpssspjlsh6.jpg

DSC09278_zps4mhfwxxu.jpg

DSC09279_zpslktrrcbp.jpg

Adding four more arches would eliminate this dilemma.  :rolleyes:   I think straight line if your sequences were made for that arrangement.    Maybe if all the pixel 1s were on the tree side it would jump in a fascinating way.  

23 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Adding four more arches would eliminate this dilemma.  :rolleyes:   I think straight line if your sequences were made for that arrangement.    Maybe if all the pixel 1s were on the tree side it would jump in a fascinating way.  

Thanks Bob. I didn't have time to sequence each one individually so all 4 are running the same sequence/channels this year.

I was planning to have all the Pixel 1s coming from the tree outward if I did them like shown in the second choice.

Here is a quick video of them in the garage. Maybe this will help.

th_MOV09285_zpsahh2krrx.mp4

Edited by Santas Helper

27 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Another vid.

th_MOV09284_zpst6yaux8r.mp4

They will look great in either position. I would vote straight line if sequenced that way. Since all are sequenced together, I'm really feeling this second look. Kind of an exploding look - a bursting look.

I'll come see in person after next Thursday. Can't wait. 

15 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Thanks Bob. I didn't have time to sequence each one individually so all 4 are running the same sequence/channels this year.

I was planning to have all the Pixel 1s coming from the tree outward if I did them like shown in the second choice.

Are you sequencing in PE? If so you can create a group with your arches and make sequencing them a lot easier. The effects look much different as a group also.

I haven't stepped into PE yet Sully. I should at least take a peek at it, maybe after the holidays.

So I might try setting them up both ways and see how it compares within the display.

Thanks for everybody's input/advice.

Tom

Tom, I have mine set up in a straight line but they are programed that way. I want to do a fountain next year and arches are the base of that model so I like the circle around the tree too. Maybe since you have them all set to run the same, I would go with the circle from the base of the tree. You could make them look like a lava burst or water or just a neat new effect for your display...If you don't like the placement of them once it's up and running, it's not like it's hard to move them. ;)

Scott, I agree with you. Because they will all be doing the same thing, a circular placement might be better.

And Bobo got me thinking when he mentioned adding 4 more arches to have 8. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

I haven't stepped into PE yet Sully. I should at least take a peek at it, maybe after the holidays.

So I might try setting them up both ways and see how it compares within the display.

Thanks for everybody's input/advice.

Tom

It's pretty straight forward and simple and doesn't even affect your original sequences. What I had last year was just 3 arches and 2 candy canes done with pixels. I did the candy canes in SE, arches in PE. This year I did the entire house in pixels and used the same sequences I just redid the PE parts, added groups and so on. When I saved them I renamed them so if all else failed I still had the originals to fall back on. You should definetly give it a shot with one, you'll love the control over them in it.

• The topic was locked