Light-O-Rama Forums

copying sequence

bluebird2016

Is there a video for copying and pasting sequence? is it best to copy and paste by cells or timing?

I click the copy button and then do you create new sequence and try to paste it but I lose the paste part......... need your wisdom

It's best to "paste by time" if you are using the same song as their timing may not be the same as yours.

To copy and paste just highlight the section you want to copy and paste it where you want it.

You should already have your new sequence made and your channels created as you can't copy and paste channels.

Edited by Mr. P

On 11/19/2016 at 8:18 AM, bluebird2016 said:

Is there a video for copying and pasting sequence? is it best to copy and paste by cells or timing?

I click the copy button and then do you create new sequence and try to paste it but I lose the paste part......... need your wisdom

When I copied some of the sequences from a another sequence I purchased, I used my own "base template" that had all my channels mapped out (converting from a 'landscape' to a 'tree' sequence) and a freeform grid with no timings on it.  The first thing I did was to copy the timings from the original to the freeform grid (right-click on original channels and Select Row, then right click on new sequence freeform channel and Paste Timing At...0.00 and click okay).  That will copy the original timings no matter what they are.  Then any copying and pasting you do should match either way. 

But Pasting by time is always preferable if you're using the exact same song.  If you're not, you'll have to roll your own.

A BIG help for me was watching ALL the videos first.  My first inclination was to watch them when I needed them because I was soooo stoked about getting into the sequencing process.  Once I found a lot of the little 'twists' in the videos and then tried them on a scratch sequence, it made the rest of my project go so much smoother...and faster!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you guys! Wow...Alot to learn.

IS THERE more options besides twinkle, fade and flash......

HOW do you get them to chase each other....for like a tree? in circle

If you are talking about chasing lights all on the same string then you need smart pixels to do that. If you are talking about chasing ac strings off of a ac controller like the CTB16 then there is a chase button at the top menu that does that also.