Light-O-Rama Forums

Current Help Desk status ?

htebault

I had entered a trouble ticket, then wanted to check status - I had lost my note about he ticket number, so then had to enter a second ticket to ask about what the ticket number was.
I had mistakenly thought creating the ticket would auto-generate an email (some systems do).

Now, I am looking for any status - have also signed up on LOR website (thought I was already signed up, not apparently not) and got the "We have sent you an email, follow the instructions to complete the registration and gain access to your ticket status" - I have not received any emails after that (yes, I have checked junk files, etc.)  Is LOR having problems with their email server ? Do LOR trouble tickets auto generate a response when opened ?

Yes, it does generate a E-Mail every time I have opened a ticket with the LOR help desk.

I have no way of knowing the current status however of their system.  I can speculate however that they are busy as all get out at this time of year.

Thanks - I thought it should. I have not gotten a ticket copy - I just checked and tried to login on the LOR support page, but was rejected saying account confirmation was required. I have not gotten any email to confirm with, so there seems to be something going on - maybe they don't like my email?  I get  LOR forum emails all the time.

You probably typed your eMail addy incorrectly.  Happens a lot.

I assure you it is up and running.  I have answered more than 100 different tickets today, and Chuck has done an equal number.  

6 hours ago, DevMike said:

You probably typed your eMail addy incorrectly.  Happens a lot.

I assure you it is up and running.  I have answered more than 100 different tickets today, and Chuck has done an equal number.  

Not actually, the email is hugh@tebault.org - I just went to help desk and tried to create a new account with that email - it rejected it

Email already registered. Would you like to sign in ?

I then went to sign in using my email, it then rejected that saying Account Confirmation required.

I have not gotten any account confirmation emails, and not received any emails about the ticket I opened, or the second ticket asking what was the first ticket number - per your note on the help page. Is there a way to trigger another confirmation email ?

ADMIN _Note -

Let me clarify that the tebault.org domain is housed on a shared server at Hurricane Electric (he.net) and over the past 20 or so years, I have had a couple of sites that would fail to send email sporadically. I most cases, there was some issue with the mail server  incorrectly identifying  tebault.org  as a spam host. You might check just sending an email to the hugh@tebault.org address and see what your server responds with. I suspect that your email server may be blocking the sending to the tebault.org domain which is why I am not receiving any emails from LOR about either the trouble tickets I entered, or the signup confirmation email, so I cannot complete registration.

I am still waiting to hear back on the trouble ticket entered about problems with PE converting existing SS/SE sequence files, specifically the God Bless America sequence.  I entered the ticket using my normal email of hugh@tebault.org and had provided a copy of both the standard SS/SE sequence file, and the PE generated "new format" file that is not working properly.

Please advise - your mail server apparently would not send to my email - so I also will take an answer using HTebault@gmail.com. I cannot get a ticket status on my hugh@tebault.org ticket.