Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree channel settings

Steelers95

This is might sound like a weird question but last year I created a visualizer with a mega tree. I'm not sure the settings I used for the tree but basically I have 6 strings of 50 pixels. The strings fold over at the top to create 12 strings of 25. However last year when I exported my sequence from superstar to the sequence editor and tested the tree, the pixels were off... so I figured out that I had to move the pixels around in the sequence editor. I had to take pixel 25 and make that the first pixel and work my way back down to 1 and then start at 50 and work my way back down to 26 and so on. This fixed the problem but does anyone know why this might have happened?

This is might sound like a weird question but last year I created a visualizer with a mega tree. I'm not sure the settings I used for the tree but basically I have 6 strings of 50 pixels. The strings fold over at the top to create 12 strings of 25. However last year when I exported my sequence from superstar to the sequence editor and tested the tree, the pixels were off... so I figured out that I had to move the pixels around in the sequence editor. I had to take pixel 25 and make that the first pixel and work my way back down to 1 and then start at 50 and work my way back down to 26 and so on. This fixed the problem but does anyone know why this might have happened?

Did you tell the controller that the strings were folded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a e682. I did not tell the controller that the light stings were folded....I didn't know that you could do that.

I'm not looking at the SACN page right now but I seem to remember it having that setting. It essentially turns your folded string of 50 into 2 25 pixel strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Steelers95 said:

I'm using a e682. I did not tell the controller that the light stings were folded....I didn't know that you could do that.

Most controllers have a setting like that and they also have a "reverse order" setting or a "pixel start" setting.

alright so I figured out what happened I just don't know how to fix the problem without manually flipping all the channels in the sequence editor. I have the mega tree set up in the visualizer so the strings start at the top left of leg 1, the pixels work there way down leg 1 to pixel 25 at the bottom and then the string crosses at the bottom and starts with pixel 26 at the bottom corner of leg 2 and work there way up leg 2 to pixel 50. which is why it goes from pixel 25 to 1 and than 50 to 26.

• The topic was locked