Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Projector Cable

Acguy1999

I've read many posts on what users are using to send video from their computer to a projector.  I'm writing this post to get opinions on which is the best and/or cost effective means.

My setup:  I'm running LOR and projecting to an inexpensive 640*480 LED projector.  The distance between the computer and projector will range from 50 to 60 feet.  I found an HDMI cable that length but I've seen posts where people used Cat5 with a VGA/Cat5 adapter.  Curious how well the Cat5 works with video?

I've done it with a 60'ft Cat5 cable and had no issues I could see.

Here's a post where I included a link to the VGA to Cat 5 connector. I have not tried it with a HDMI to Cat5 adapter (if there is such a thing)

Alan...

3 minutes ago, default said:

I've done it with a 60'ft Cat5 cable and had no issues I could see.

Here's a post where I included a link to the VGA to Cat 5 connector. I have not tried it with a HDMI to Cat5 adapter (if there is such a thing)

Alan...

Cat5 to HDMI

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Extender-1920x1200-B126-1P0/dp/B003VXV8G8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479082918&sr=8-1&keywords=cat5+to+hdmi+adapter

I did 100 ft !!!! with vga cable from china ebay or aliexpress. Work great. No loss quality.

Just get it. Its cheap. No need to mess with connectors or adapters and no worry about ground shielding issues.

Don't waste your $ on an expensive HDMI cable for that length.

I use a $60 HDMI to VGA adapter (you can get non powered/amplified units for less than $10) that feeds CT5e cable that runs about 75 feet to one of my projectors. The images look great. For the holiday images and videos most project, projecting them in HD would be overkill.

• The topic was locked