Light-O-Rama Forums

Thoughts On Wireframes

a31ford

Hi Everyone, the Wife and I are thinking of moving to wireframes for the entire show, except the megatree and some leaping arches. any thoughts ??

I would recommend DougP's wireframes.

They are top notch. I bought 8 custom ghosts, singing face. and a Santa hat. LOVE THEM!! In fact I am designing my custom Christmas tree for next year. With that being said... i would give his site a look over. I bet you will find something :)

www.wireframedlites.com

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

most of my display s wire frames with the exception of mt megs tree ( PVC Frame) and eve lights etc. on the house... 8 mini trees are all wire frame tomato cages, and I have 8 deer, a Santa and sleigh all wire frame,,, exceptions in my yard are my 40 ft or so  of (Walmart) candy canes.

But I do not have to worry about a lot of snow on the bottoms covering them for a foot or so either..  and here in the High Desert of S. Cali I really do not have to worry much about rain flooding them out. Average rain for the year on a good wet year here is about 10 to 12 inchs for the year..

I also love wire frames I originally started collecting them when they were in condition and very slowly might I say very slowly I am finding more more problems with companies that sell the specific types of incandesce and bulbs I have you would think you could find them anywhere but I have not had such a great luck of that so I decided every year I'm going to switch two or three over to LED but other than that I love my wire frames they all very soon will need to be re-sanded and repainted but all of them are over five years old some of them in the realm of 10 to 12 years old and and other than having to re-tack them every once in a while with the welding gun have not had any problems some people don't like wire frames in their displays I love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do go with some wireframes, please put the attention into properly lighting them.

They look great with some time and attention and look bad (my opionion) when lights are just randomly attached.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked