Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

What is this?


Recommended Posts

I have had a few soldering tool sets over the past few years, and I have used a few at my school.

All of them have come with a little plastic thing like this. I have had this one sitting on top of my computer monitor for about two years.




It looks like a Europe 2 pole to US 2 pole plug.


But here in the UK, we don't use either of these!

The soldering iron comes with a UK 3 pin plug, and runs on 230 volts.


Perhaps it is some kind of holder or something. Does anyone know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It's exactly what you stated, a U.S. plug adapter.

Why do they include this in every cheap soldering kit I have ever seen, when the soldering iron has a UK plug, and the UK has UK sockets...

It isn't useful at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...