Light-O-Rama Forums

S 2.1 Feature Request

iresq

Even though S 2.0 has not been released yet, Dan has indicated that it is pretty much the same as LOR 2.0.14. As a new LOR user, I would like to offer the following feature request that I think would further enhance this software.

Currently, when you left click on a channel, it opens the channel dialog box. I propose to move the channel dialog box as a right click option. When you left click on a channel, it would highlight the entire channel. From here you could apply an effect to the entire sequence or cut/copy/paste the channel from the entire sequence. Further, you could select multiple channels with cntrl/shift click.

As an example: I tap out a sequence. Next I want to program my arches using a fixed time track. I now have to copy each arch channel to a new track. Using the above, you could select all arch channels, right click, copy to existing track.

I have already forwarded this request to the fine folks at LOR just wanted to post your review and comments or to add other feature requests.

Currently, when you left click on a channel, it opens the channel dialog box. I propose to move the channel dialog box as a right click option. When you left click on a channel, it would highlight the entire channel. From here you could apply an effect to the entire sequence or cut/copy/paste the channel from the entire sequence. Further, you could select multiple channels with cntrl/shift click.

I've also been wanting this as well. It makes a LOT of sense. I think it comes down to what is intuitive and what you do the most ... right click this stuff, since these options are not all that useful (or commonly used) once the channels are setup and located properly. 90% of the time (or more), I'd want to it work as you describe ... since selecting an entire channel or set of channels is a such pain currently, yet very commonly done.

- - - -

I would also like the following three options that pertains to inter-track navigation:

(1) maintain track time position when switching between tracks ... currently, it is
only maintained per track
(2) maintain track channel position when switching between tracks ... currently, it is
only maintained per track
(3) maintain (spacebar created) freeform selections between tracks ... currently, it is only maintained per track.

possibly also
(4) maintain regular selection (normal selection, not freeform) between tracks.

So when your sequencing at time range 1:00 to 1:15 say, and working on channels 50 thru 70, on track 1 ... when you swtich to track 2, you could remain in the same time range and channel range. And say you make a freeform select in track 2, you could switch to any other track and maintain the freeform range. These would be infinately more useful than the way it currently works. But keeping the current mode (of per window stuff) would also have its purpose. So make these options that can turned on or off ... then people could decide how they want these things to act when you change tracks.