Light-O-Rama Forums

LORll RELEASE

Peter B

Hi All,

Somewhere back on another thread, I'm sure that I read LORll official release would be at the end of Feburary. Any news on this yet as unfortunately Feb has now gone.

Cheers,

Pete.

The release on CD of S2 is awaiting the finalization of some installation security changes. S2 is the same code as the LOR II gamma.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

S2 is the same code as the LOR II gamma.

Dan
so all well have to do is click a link once the gamma expires and put in some kind of key code? or hows that working

I expect it will be one more install. From what Dan is saying, the first release of S2 will be the same functional code as 2.0.14, but the time lock will be replaced with the per household licence system.

- Kevin

-klb- wrote:

I expect it will be one more install. From what Dan is saying, the first release of S2 will be the same functional code as 2.0.14, but the time lock will be replaced with the per household licence system.

- Kevin

Correct and as iresq mentioned it will be on CD.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

-klb- wrote:

- Kevin

Dan

Dan, are we very near the release date? You can tell me no ones watching, really! :D

Pete :cool:

Guest wbottomley

Peter B wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
-klb- wrote:

- Kevin

Dan

Dan, are we very near the release date? You can tell me no ones watching, really! :D

Peter... it's a sure bet he won't give a release date until the cd's are in his hand.:)

And... I don't blame him for what has happened in the past.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Peter B wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
-klb- wrote:

- Kevin

Dan

Peter... it's a sure bet he won't give a release date until the cd's are in his hand.:)

And... I don't blame him for what has happened in the past.

I appreciate the reply, was a small joke/laugh, but as everyone else really looking forward to the release.

Pete.:cool:

Doesn't the release of Holiday Lights Designer 4 hinge on the release of S2? I would really like to see that released. I'm already using LORII but I'm not too crazy about the blocked animation display.

Just my 2 cents

A vector based editor/viewer for creating your display would be the ultimate and would most likely be a smaller file vs the blocky/jaggy dot-by-dot grid used today. It would always look smooth because of the fact that it is vector based. (Your background image will pixelate when zoomed in but your vectorized creations will not) It would also be infinitley faster to create and edit in. Outlining and filling basic shapes with a picture of your display in the background would make the task super easy! Pick from a menu: Circle, Line, Triangle, Rectangle. Add Cut/Copy/Paste/Rotate/Mirror/Flip for the shapes already created (Great for leaping arches, clusters of mini trees....) I think you get the idea.......

Well another month has come and gone and still no LOR II. What kind of mammal is this baby? Seems like it has been in there a lot longer than 9 months! :shock:

Is the Easter Bunny going to bring us a good egg this year? :cool:

tpooler wrote:

Well another month has come and gone and still no LOR II. What kind of mammal is this baby? Seems like it has been in there a lot longer than 9 months! :shock:

Is the Easter Bunny going to bring us a good egg this year? :cool:

Most of the posts in this thread are from people using LOR II. The sofware is there for anyone to use. LOR II is here, and has been here for months:) Perhaps the gamma nomenclature hides the fact that LOR II is available so I will change that.

If you want LOR II, download it. Anyone who really wants LOR II and is waiting for the CD to be released is most likely making a mistake. Download the upgrade today.