Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31

anthonyrusso3

What are you trying to accomplish?  Most of the E1.31 boards that many of use can output DMX as RS-485 serial.

I try to use my USB to run my show but the com ports keep changing there address, so I changed over to DMX using the same com port with the lor USB device and it changes its address to, I was going to use this so I would never have to worry about my ports changing there address, it seems every time im out the computer happens to reboot and the address changes and my show doesn't run.

Almost any of the E1.31 boards will output DMX. Personally I have never used that capability, but they can. I'm using cards from SanDevices, but most of the others will as well.

As far as the port changing, that is a Windows issue and not a LOR issue.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Well I used my sandevices controller , and with help from John Storms videos connected up my lor controller's in dmx mode.  Now I don't have to worry about the continually changing com ports.  Thank you

Glad you got it working. I've said for years that Windows implementation of USB does leave something to be desired, however changing serial port numbers of my USB adapters has never happened to me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I can't remember if its on here or the PC forums but I think someone had a code entry or startup sequence to prevent them from constantly changing.