Light-O-Rama Forums

Not able to load new shows to sd card

olracs

Not able to load new shows to sd card, using lor II .

Last year shows upload fine, When I open utility

hardware, choose add sequence, highlight new show,

click open and nothing. Okay, something simple would be nice.

lol

If you are using LOR II you need to be using a LOR II Hardware Utility (HWU). Hardware Utility needs to be 2.0.xx.

When you installed the LOR II upgrade a new HWU was included. (at least it should have been)...

Dan

When I open hardware utility form start up menu, the box appears and

tells you it is now running in your system tray, and that box there says

I' m running 2.0 but then I open the hardware utiliy from system tray it

says I, m running 1..6.6 ?

Okay, now I have all the correct versions. Now what happens when trying to load a song to the utility mp3 player is error message SUBSCRIPT OUT OF RANGE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Carlo Schmitt wrote:

Okay, now I have all the correct versions. Now what happens when trying to load a song to the utility mp3 player is error message SUBSCRIPT OUT OF RANGE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Carlo,

It sounds to me that you have had a problem with the install. Not sure how you rectified it but it may still not be 100% correct.

The sequence that you are attempting to load, can you send it to support@lightorama.com so that they can check to see if there is a problem or the install on your machine is messed up (either way there is a problem but this will help us to get it resolved).

Dan

I was told that Carlo sent in his sequence file and that a deficiency was found. Our software did not detect that there were channels that were configured as Light-O-Rama controllers but did not have Unit IDs and Circuits Numbers assigned. This caused a problem in the Hardware Utility.

The easy fix for Carlo is to set up those channels to point to existent (or non-existent) controllers or mark them as (no-device). We will be making changes to the software to do two things. One, give a reasonable error/warning message if the channel configuration is not correct when we access the sequence and Two: to disallow a channel to be configured as a LOR controller without setting the Unit ID and Circuit Num.

Dan

Thanks be to Dan--- or Brian? Assigning the unit and unit number is a must if you want to add sequences to your mp3 player. thanks! You made my DAY! Carlo

• 3 years later...

Today, was having a problem with S2.8.6 on both LOR Sequence and Hardware/512 meg for two different miniDirector with MP3. Tried with boughten (LOR & WOW) and homemade sequences with no luck. Updated to S2.9.4 and all saved to the SD card. Tnx! Now to try it with the controller!