Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it possible?

Derkngoogly

Ok this may be a stupid one, is it possible to take a sequence for a ccr tree and in the settings check the horitzontal display and it work? This would be amazing if so. Go easy on me still building my displays and not goy into the sewuencing too much yet

ty

don

In which piece of software - Sequence Editor, SuperStar, or Pixel Editor?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Ok so i can buy a tree sequence and go into the superstar and change it to horizontal ? Awesome if that is what i am understanding you can do. 

Don

Yep.  Almost all of my sequences have the pixel tree portion purchased from one of several sources.

Here's my 2016 version:

SuperStar_grid.png

The bottom left is the pixel tree, with the top towards the left.  In my case, everything has locations specified in the visualization (hence the reason that there are gaps between sections).  If you want I'll narrate what each section is.

I think you are  asking if the sequence itself is changed from a vertical (Tree)  to a horizontal (Matrix) version of itself. Then the answer is... No. The sequence itself  will play the same regardless of the orientation.  The location of the ribbon controller itself will decide which end of the strips the sequence starts at.  Just like if you were to select vertical for the ribbon orientation the controller location option would change to top or bottom.  

I have to agree with BMurray. If you buy a vertical or tree sequence and try and turn it sideways like a matrix it will just play sideways. If you want a matrix sequence then you need a matrix sequence and not a tree sequence.

For starers, to make it fit on the screen.  The limits in SuperStar are 64 columns when the display is "vertical" or 64 rows when the display is "horizontal".  Mine is currently 64 rows by 100 columns in a horizontal orientation.  If you look at my grid shown in post #6 of this thread, the sort of wedding cake stack starting at row 18 is my pixel star.  Each row as displayed is one ring of the star.  The outer ring is 80 pixels currently and will get larger when the star gets a rebuild.  If I had the grid oriented vertical, I either could not have each ring together, or would have to have the rings of the star in a vertical line - which I could do, except it would make it awkward to view on a monitor in a normal landscape orientation.  You will also notice that I have a big blank space above and to the right of the pixel tree.  That is because I expect to expand my tree to 16 strings, and each string will be either 85 or 100 pixels.  In either case, it would be difficult to see it all on the grid.  Of course, the visualization portion of SuperStar has it oriented somewhat closer to what it actually looks like:

SuperStar_Visualization.png

Thanks Jim  I thought it was for the vis  but I thought his question was can he run a ccr sequence horizontal in se

I'm glad it made sense.  Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words, and it was easy for me to post the screen captures.