Light-O-Rama Forums

Input Pup and Simultaneous Sequences

NinjaCow

I have my Halloween display divided into 5-6 "zones". I recently bought an Input Pup to control when the lighting in each zone triggers. The way I have it working is: as people are walking through the display, when they reach the beginning of Zone 1, it triggers the animation sequence for the lights in Zone 1 to start. Moving forward, when they reach the beginning of Zone 2, it triggers that sequence to start. All of the zone sequences are animation (no musical) with pre-set lengths (no loops), after which the lights in that zone should turn off.

That part all works well, with one small issue. If one person is halfway through the display, say, in Zone 4, and a second person enters at the beginning of Zone 1, the Zone 1 trigger goes off and plays that animation, which unfortunately also kills the animation currently going on in Zone 4 for the first person.

Is there any way I can make each input trigger its own sequence without killing the sequences of previously triggered inputs?

I currently have my Interactive Group configured as Magic Toy, with each input and its corresponding sequence listed inside the Magic Toy. I've also tried configuring a separate Magic Toy group for each individual input, with the same results. 

Change interactive group types.  I can't easily look right now which is which, but I am doing exactly what you want in my year round landscape lighting and it works just fine.  My recollection is that you use the "Jukebox" type interactive group (but that could be wrong).  Check the help file to confirm that.