Light-O-Rama Forums

Extremely noobish question

tjgalvin

Sadly, I'm not even really a noob to lor as Ive been doing it for 4 years but I was never able to figure this out. When creating sequences, do you have to listen from the beginning everytime? I have tried the play from selection thing, but it always ends up screwing up the timing for every song i do. Any advice?

I usually set mine to play visible screen in the play menu.  I also use the spacebar to start and stop play all the time.  It will start from whatever box is selected.

I usually set mine to play visible screen in the play menu.  I also use the spacebar to start and stop play all the time.  It will start from whatever box is selected.

Awesome...now I learned about the spacebar. So much easier than moving the mouse and clicking!

If the timings are changing when you play different parts of the sequence then the culprit is probably the mp3 file being variable bit rate, vbr.

Try changing it to constant bit rate or cbr, using an audio editor such as Audacity and reimport it into your sequence.

You can also highlight the top of the section/track in the SE and then use the spacebar to replay that section over and over again until you get it correct, then just click in the highlighted area to disengage it, highlight the next section and work on it.  I do this all the time when I;m working on singing parts of a song where I want a blowmold or wire frame to mimic the words being sung in a song, or if I want to tweak how the lights react to specific parts of a song.   Makes it so much easier to get things a bit more precise.