Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting ready for next year's display

BMurray

So,  I'm having a new slab of concrete poured to add to my front driveway.  So I'm adding in post supports for mega trees, a matrix display and adding electrical conduit under the driveway to get to my wife's flower area for year round landscape lighting.  Next year I'm going to try and do a mega spiral tree. Now I have additional options for mounting my strip tree as well.  Anyone else do construction work and decide to do extra for their display? 

yep, he's too far gone. :P

I could quit this hobby at any time. But my wife won't let me.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 2

Yes.  As part of the landscaping project in the front yard, there is about a quarter mile of conduit under the "sort of" a lawn.  Most of that for the year round lighting, but some will be used for Christmas only.  The two brick columns both have LOR stuff in them, and they were designed with that in mind.  Here are two view of what I call the "DC Column":

DC_column_left.jpg

DC_column_right.jpg

There have been a few changes since these photos were taken, but you should get the idea.  This is what it looks like from the outside.  When the project is completed, there will be a walkway between the two columns (where the piece of plywood is laying on the dirt in the photo), the blank plate access door will have an antiqued brass overlay, and the concrete block planter to the right will be white stucco:

DC_column.jpg

• Like 2

I love it!  I am no the only crazy one out there.  I was considering redoing the front yard but my focus was more on how I could run conduits to clean up my display and future proof it vs the actual yard.  

Good Luck!  Can't wait to see the finished product.  

I have a dedicated 100 amp panel box with 30 circuits in my garage that is for nothing but Christmas. "That's no big deal Archer", you might say, "we all do that!!!" What I then did was run 30 independent circuits to outside receptacles located from one end of the house to the other so that not a single extension cord goes out through a door or window. I even hardwired my cat5 from my "control room" aka spare bedroom to the outside.

• Like 1

BMurray, I see you "Liked" my post.  One of these days I'll get you to come over and I'll give you the nickel tour.  You're only 15 minutes away!

• The topic was locked