Light-O-Rama Forums

My neighborhood just announced...

Jaynee

They are doing a Christmas light contest this year complete with prizes.  Seeing as I'm the ONLY house in the neighborhood (of about 400 homes) that has dancing lights, I may have a slight edge...

Literally, when I'm introduced to people in the neighborhood I've never met, the introduction is "she's the one that lives in the house that has the big Christmas display," to which the person replies, "Oh! I love that house!  That's my family's favorite!  We stop to look at it every year because there's always something new to look at! That's you? That's great!"  

(just last night that's how I was introduced to someone at a neighborhood event I attended, and the person's subsequent response)

• Like 1

Not the competition bit, but the rest. Been there done that. The worst is when an unknown shop assistant, tells another assistant ( unknown). This is the man on the corner of .... who has all the lights, loud enough for the rest of the store to hear. Do you curtsy, wave your hand or hide?

Edited by robongar
  • Like 1

Jump up and down... Wave both hands like a crazy person and yell.... THATSSSSSSSSS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... THATSSSSSSSSS MEEEEEEEEEEE. Sale you autograph for 5 bucks a shot to buy more stuff...

• Like 2

We have a contest that actually goes through 3 cities, we are all small cities, but we were told we were not eligible because we are not a static display, of course we were told this after the judges came by. We are sure that a certain business in the other town, who always seems to win, rigged it. Helps when your brother in law is one of the judges.

17 minutes ago, robongar said:

We all know. 'It's not about winning, it's about taking part" 

The joke on the neighborhood page was "Just give Jaynee the prize now."  The organizer said multiple kinds of display prizes will be awarded - not just one house.  I told everyone I can't wait to see everyone's displays this year because it's my favorite time of year and I like small simple displays just as much as the bigger, more ornate ones.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked