Light-O-Rama Forums

Laptop settings to keep controllers linked

Shamusseven

I know to shut off my wifi once I am ready to run my show but are there any other settings to watch?   Just set up my show and ready to run it but I have noticed that if I leave my laptop alone for hours, I lose link to my controllers and have to reboot to gain them back.  

When I use a computer I shut down everything that is not wanted or needed for a show.  I turn off all Windows sounds, default them to NO SOUND, no automatic updates, no programs are set to auto-update, internet is turned completely off from the machine, anything and everything I can find to turn off is deactivated so there are no glitches or surprises happening during show time.    I actually prefer to dedicate a computer that all these settings are permanently turned off so nothing can ruin or interfere with the show.     Having to do this each time, you may miss something and then things may not go as planned or you get issues like you're getting now with your controllers getting unlinked from the computer! 

if you have the Win 10 good luck in turning off the auto updates. It is much easier to just not have it connected to the internet. turn off your router etc. so it doesn't connect.

• Like 1