Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration

Jeff Messer

Going to tools and clicking on Channel Configuration and getting an overflow error. Does anyone know why this is happening. Just started this weekend? I only use track 1 and it has 37755 channels. 

Thanks,

Jeff

wow!   One track mind.    I have not seen this on my setup.  Does the export .lcc work?   If you want to post your config or sequence somewhere I will see if Channel config is working on my sequence computer for you. 

Bobo,

Long time to talk to buddy. Thanks for the reply. Email me at big.trafficman@gmail.com 

Jeff

Sorry to say the problem is occurring on my SE also.    I have looked at the XML but find nothing that stands out.   These are the pop up messages.

ErrorSwitchingTrack.jpg   ChannelConfigError.jpg     

Give me another 30 to try something.

Jeff    You have exceeded the max grouping or channels SE  Channel Config can handle for a Track.    I Created two more tracks for you each with a portion of track 1.   If one of these tracks has the focus, you can select Channel Config and it comes up.    If you from there select track 1 again the error occurs.  

Thanks Bob. I just tested and works great. Many they will increase the channel numbers per track. 

A help desk ticket was created with a link to this thread.   I hope you don't mind that I sent the problem .lcc to LOR. 

My hat's off to you Jeff.  I can't even think about needing 37K channels in SE.  Actually this year, I will have exactly one channel in all of my sequences (and that's only because you can't have zero).  Everything will be in intensity files from SuperStar.

Did you create all those channels in the Sequence Editor using Sequence Editor commands, or did you use a 3rd party program to create the channels?

I believe the limit is 32,767 channels per track, but the SE should catch if you try to create more than that.