Light-O-Rama Forums

Video for Halloween Projection

Septon

3 hours ago, Septon said:

I hate you.  :-P   Simplicity never comes easy to me. :)

I figured that out due to the complexity of my old setup.

I used to do a very scary theme with all sorts of props. I set my Grimm reaper out for the entire month and on Halloween night I replace it with me. Kids get used to seeing it but the eyes move and I move my head very slow so they always say "it's just a prop" until they poke at me! 

I even had someone (criminal) try to steal "me", dummy got the bejesus scared out of him. 

I have never had any children make it to my candy LOL I didn't have time to sit with the controller so had to figure it out.

Now I have 2 lil boys 4&6 so I'm more user friendly. Add in the fact I just had surgery on my arm so this year all they are getting is singing pumpkin faces and the projector screen. 

Im putting a glow in the dark skeleton morph suit and gonna try to blend in with some of the dancing skeleton scenes.

Im just hoping nobody grans my arm LOL

51 minutes ago, james morris said:

My set up does not use light o rama I turn it on at the start of the show leave it on the hole shoiw

I'm thinking but may be wrong that James has a different projector than some of us.

My infocus is programmable but for the price of the ones at Home Depot I ran out and got one 

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I'm thinking but may be wrong that James has a different projector than some of us.

My infocus is programmable but for the price of the ones at Home Depot I ran out and got one 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Seasonal-Window-FX-Projector-Animated-Window-Display-Kit-75050-THD/206770956

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I figured that out due to the complexity of my old setup.

I used to do a very scary theme with all sorts of props. I set my Grimm reaper out for the entire month and on Halloween night I replace it with me. Kids get used to seeing it but the eyes move and I move my head very slow so they always say "it's just a prop" until they poke at me! 

I even had someone (criminal) try to steal "me", dummy got the bejesus scared out of him. 

I have never had any children make it to my candy LOL I didn't have time to sit with the controller so had to figure it out.

Now I have 2 lil boys 4&6 so I'm more user friendly. Add in the fact I just had surgery on my arm so this year all they are getting is singing pumpkin faces and the projector screen. 

Im putting a glow in the dark skeleton morph suit and gonna try to blend in with some of the dancing skeleton scenes.

Im just hoping nobody grans my arm LOL

That is awesome.  I love doing scary... I get 50% of our kids due to dogs barking, (I don't have dogs) wolves, screams, lights, lightning etc.