Light-O-Rama Forums

Noob question: Turn on lights automatically?

Larry T.

Just to add to jims " this may sound like a dumb question" statement but, are you sure you saved the show after adding the shut down sequence? This has bitten me before. 

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Bob,  A couple things to check.  First, so we can better understand your situation, are you running your show from a PC or a director, and how are you creating the show (Show Editor or Simple Show Builder)?

I am using a dedicated PC for nothing but LOR

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Are you sure you have the right file in the shutdown section? 

Yes, it works in the startup...same file, all lights on before the music starts

That may sound like a dumb question, but I have done things such as: it was last year's version of the sequence (with a different channel configuration).  I did that this year with the background sequence that turns on the amplifiers for the speakers in the front yard - it was very quiet (and it's not even rabbit hunting season, Mr. Fudd)!

Is it a 30 minute animation sequence, or a much shorter sequence that repeats many times?

That I am not sure of, will check tonight.

If it's a shorter sequence, it will only run once in the shutdown section (unless it's listed multiple times).

Do you have the "Turn used lights off ..." checkbox checked or not in each section of the Show Editor?

Yes, turn used lights is cheked.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

ob,  A couple things to check.  First, so we can better understand your situation, are you running your show from a PC or a director, and how are you creating the show (Show Editor or Simple Show Builder)?

Are you sure you have the right file in the shutdown section?  That may sound like a dumb question, but I have done things such as: it was last year's version of the sequence (with a different channel configuration).  I did that this year with the background sequence that turns on the amplifiers for the speakers in the front yard - it was very quiet (and it's not even rabbit hunting season, Mr. Fudd)!

Is it a 30 minute animation sequence, or a much shorter sequence that repeats many times?  If it's a shorter sequence, it will only run once in the shutdown section (unless it's listed multiple times).

Do you have the "Turn used lights off ..." checkbox checked or not in each section of the Show Editor?