Light-O-Rama Forums

Building arches

aaron1sabine

Looking for a bit of help.

Im a newbie. Got my CTB16PCG3 controller last year and just had a few rope lights pluged in with a few animal shapes and ow i wanted to do some faces and i was just looking to build the arches and was wondering whats the best way to do them?

IE; PVC pipe with several sections of lights space even apart or is there an easyier way to do them.

Note im am across the pond in the UK so i have my controller set up to 240v and changed all the plugs to fit the three pin plugs we have over here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to the post above, there's a lot of people around here who do them, and a lot of information.  So I've tried to syndicate several different means:

The vast majority of people wind 6-8 strings of 100ct lights around some sort of flexible piping.  Each string is then individually connected to separate LOR channels.  Many choose to run wiring on the pipe beforehand  as to avoid an ugly mess of wires.  It's a pretty basic concept, and therefore no "standard" exists.  It really depends on your preference for arch height, length, channel capacity, and the amount of time you want to spend on them.

• Like 1

I know this is not really what you are looking for, but I'm going to add it because sometime later you might want to look this direction, or someone else reading this thread may want to.  I built mine with PEX pipe with 50 CCP pixels in each one.  Details and photos on my web site:

http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html