Light-O-Rama Forums

Four Mini Trees Sequenced in SuperStar

Ed K

This is my first year sequencing pixels, and I've relied on this forum to help me learn the subject.  Thanks for all of the help and advise.  I'm using SuperStar and Pixel Editor for sequencing.  The video at  https://youtu.be/GOfaAoC29-M shows what what my four mini trees do during one sequence that I developed using SuperStar.

Looks cool!

Setting up multiple 360 degree trees so that you can use wrap around on all the trees is not obvious. Were you able to do it? I would be curious to look at your visualization if you could email it to brian@superstarlights.com

17 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

Setting up multiple 360 degree trees so that you can use wrap around on all the trees is not obvious. Were you able to do it? I would be curious to look at your visualization if you could email it to brian@superstarlights.com

My four trees are actually 260 degrees, as no one can see the trees from behind (this saved some money and time).  I will email you the visualization and the SuperStar file.

I received your visualization. You definitely know what you are doing and have used the row/column feature to layout your display very well!

Your sequencing grid is big enough that I imagine you are using the "floating windows" feature to make the visualization be a reasonable size on your screen. Do you have two monitors?

Good observation:   I ONLY use the floating windows - great feature of SuperStar.  

I expand the visualization window across the entire screen (except for the left where the color selections are), and pull up the bottom of that window to the bottom of the visualized display.  

I then do the same for the sequencing grid. When I sequence, I expand the grid all the way to the top of my monitor so that each cell is as big as I can make it, making it easier for me to select individual cells.  I then move the grid window down below the Visualization window when I play the sequence.

I have a 32" diagonal monitor, so I have plenty of real estate to use.

BTW, I was able to sequence swirls on my 10-strand, 20-high pixel mini trees.  I used SS morphs to create the swirls.

I'm simply dazzled every time I see a Pixel Anything. Very cool!

Someday when the kids are gone and work isn't so hectic I'd love to dig into this. For now, I'll just be basic RGB and lights!

• Like 1