Light-O-Rama Forums

Celtic Woman - Carol of the Bells

lightingnewb

Does anyone know how I can legally get a copy of this song? I tried their site and it isn't listed in their available music or videos.

Thanks in advance,

LN

Sometimes that's what the music industry does, they retire a CD or song and it's no longer available for purchase.  Then there are only a few options open to you for getting a copy, either by using software that will strip the MP3 audio from a video file, like on YouTube or someone owns the CD and lets you borrow it to rip the song from.    I use DVDVideoSoft software when I absolutely can not buy a song any longer and it's on YouTube.   I use their YouTube2MP3 software, not sure that may be the correct name, but I'd go to the DVDVideoSoft.com website and download their entire suite, I use a lot of their software for converting one audio file to another, downloading MP3 songs that aren't available to purchase because they've been retired, etc.

And the DVDVideoSoft software is 100% FREE, but does have some limitations and does display Advertisements, although they've never been a hindrance for me using their software.

5 hours ago, lkcubsrule said:

The OP did fail to mention that it is available as an MP3 on Amazon. ;)

I did, mainly because I didn't know where it existed, as hinted in my original message.

On 9/15/2016 at 3:14 PM, lightingnewb said:

Does anyone know how I can legally get a copy of this song? I tried their site and it isn't listed in their available music or videos.

Thanks in advance,

LN

Thanks to Kamp Lights for the information, I can now buy the media file I needed.

Thanks for your help.

LN

I was just giving my advice on songs that may actually be completely out of print as they call it.   I've got some older songs I've downloaded via an video to MP3 converter after looking at all the commercial music sites to "buy" a copy.    

If a bought copy can't be had, then I resort to the video to MP3 converter software, or if I may be a little short on fund$ at the time{yes, sometimes even $0.99¢ is hard to come by}, I'll use it so I can get a head start and work on the song in the Sequencer, but as soon as I have the fund$, I do go and buy my own legal copy of the song, again, if the song is available for purchase.  If not, I *do* try and contact the author of the music/song and get permission to use it.  Although sometimes that goes nowhere and I'll take my chances and use the song in my display.   Most are and have been good in allowing use of their music as long as there are no charges{personal gain} for someone watching/viewing the display, charity contributions are not an issue.

Occasionally I just can't find a tune that was in a movie I would like to use, so I'll record it from the movie on DVD I own and make my own customized copy.     kind of irks me a little when I hear a song or music that would be so cool to sequence, but the only place you can find it is in the movie only!

That's how it was when I first did the  "Come Little Children" version of the song that I did from the movie Hocus Pocus I own on DVD back in 2010.  For some reason Disney NEVER released that song on the Original Movie Soundtrack, it wasn't until a couple or so years ago they finally did add it to, and released it on an updated version of the Hocus Pocus movie soundtrack CD.

So I was just giving another option one can do providing the music/song has been taken out of production and not available for purchase from any of the legal music sites.

• Like 1