Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Skulls Project

BMurray

Hello everyone. I am looking to get some feedback: Good, Bad or Indifferent. The sequence is from CLD and I adapted it to use with the props I made. There is about 12 seconds of black at he start ( the time it took me to press record and start the sequence. So please be patient) Also the video does not do the colors justice. It looks sooooo much better in person. It is from Disney's Haunted Mansion

https://goo.gl/photos/FMPQWpwc7y3DfJo36 

Hello everyone. I am looking to get some feedback: Good, Bad or Indifferent. The sequence is from CLD and I adapted it to use with the props I made. There is about 12 seconds of black at he start ( the time it took me to press record and start the sequence. So please be patient) Also the video does not do the colors justice. It looks sooooo much better in person. It is from Disney's Haunted Mansion

This should work....

Edited by BMurray
  • Like 1

Looks pretty cool now that I could watch it. :)

Although I do believe the Haunted Mansion sequence definitely needs more tweaking to where the Jack-O-Lantern is speaking some of the parts and the skulls in the front speaking some of the other parts.   And the back skulls need to be tweaked to be more active on some of the beats, seems there were some that were missed that others lit on, but the same tonal quality in the music and nothing lit up, when I expected to see one of the other skulls light on that same sound/tone/effect in the song.

Well you asked, and just giving my opinion on how I'd tweak it to make it flow a little better and hold more interest to the spectators watching.

Edited by Orville

Thanks for the feedback. I may go back to tweak a little to get the timings a bit better. Althoigh, it could be the camera. This is actually just an iddy biddy bit of the TOTAL display. I have other elements that do some cool things. So, too much in one area will take away from the whole effect.  

5 hours ago, BMurray said:

Thanks for the feedback. I may go back to tweak a little to get the timings a bit better. Althoigh, it could be the camera. This is actually just an iddy biddy bit of the TOTAL display. I have other elements that do some cool things. So, too much in one area will take away from the whole effect.  

That makes sense.  Not being able to see all that is going on makes a big difference in how one formulates their opinion.  I could only go on what I could actually see happening in your video.  But I do think those nifty looking skulls of yours need a little more action in the Haunted Mansion theme. ;)