Light-O-Rama Forums

Korean Shipping Bankruptcy

ShayneT

I don't think a personal order through Ray would be affected. The main ones affected are bulk buyers where their orders come via containers. A personal order from Ray would come FedEx, DHL or something like that and would be flown.

Haven't ordered from Ray, but have purchased some electronic components from eBay and they're being shipped without incident.  Like Mr. P. says, it's the large bulk cargo containers that are being affected, the ones that have the large quantities of items, like Christmas Lights, Retail items mostly are what this is affecting.    But that could still be bad for some of the things folks are waiting on to come in through some vendors and retail stores.

18 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don't think a personal order through Ray would be affected. The main ones affected are bulk buyers where their orders come via containers. A personal order from Ray would come FedEx, DHL or something like that and would be flown.

Maybe ShayneT was referring to orders that Ray would be getting and therefore affecting his order from Ray.....just sayin.

38 minutes ago, Archer said:

Maybe ShayneT was referring to orders that Ray would be getting and therefore affecting his order from Ray.....just sayin.

Not likely, since Ray is in China and his supplies come from China, therefore, no need to get on a ship.

I placed an order recently through him and it just shipped yesterday. No issues that I know of!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ShayneT said:

The supply chain for the companies in China could include materials throughout Asia.....  Just saying :huh:.

Not small packages or one person type orders.   What's being affected are the LARGE BULK orders, like the pre-season light sales some vendors here do, those could very well be affected and those folks may not get their orders if there were on any of the cargo/container ships where the containers were confiscated.     But small packet orders or orders that are FLOWN in and not very likely to be placed on or in one of those very large cargo containers won't be affected by this issue.

However, RETAIL stores absolutely will be affected, possibly not all, but quite a few could be.  So there may be very little on the shelves for our perusal in the retail market.    I've already noticed a big decline in Halloween items this year and when I ask if the store will be getting any additional items for Halloween or Christmas, many just don't know at this point because of the Hanjin bankruptcy issue.  Many don't even know if their supplies have been confiscated or not, they just know they aren't getting a lot of their orders in that should have been here by now or should be coming in soon.   So this is going to be very bad for everyone, despite what a lot of folks think, it's already having an affect on the retailer marketplace.

14 hours ago, ShayneT said:

The supply chain for the companies in China could include materials throughout Asia.....  Just saying :huh:.

I think you nailed it Shayne T....

Not small packages or one person type orders.   What's being affected are the LARGE BULK orders, like the pre-season light sales some vendors here do, those could very well be affected and those folks may not get their orders if there were on any of the cargo/container ships where the containers were confiscated.     But small packet orders or orders that are FLOWN in and not very likely to be placed on or in one of those very large cargo containers won't be affected by this issue.

However, RETAIL stores absolutely will be affected, possibly not all, but quite a few could be.  So there may be very little on the shelves for our perusal in the retail market.    I've already noticed a big decline in Halloween items this year and when I ask if the store will be getting any additional items for Halloween or Christmas, many just don't know at this point because of the Hanjin bankruptcy issue.  Many don't even know if their supplies have been confiscated or not, they just know they aren't getting a lot of their orders in that should have been here by now or should be coming in soon.   So this is going to be very bad for everyone, despite what a lot of folks think, it's already having an affect on the retailer marketplace.

At this point in September the retail stores generally have all this stuff in stock at the warehouse or in their back room ready to setup for sale. The big thing that might get effected is next year. These stores will be placing their orders for next year in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1983ss454 said:

At this point in September the retail stores generally have all this stuff in stock at the warehouse or in their back room ready to setup for sale. The big thing that might get effected is next year. These stores will be placing their orders for next year in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not what they're telling me and having been in retail and placing orders for things for the stores I worked at, many times these items ARE NOT in a local warehouse, they are awaiting shipment to come in at the end of September or beginning of October for the season, as iit is with all seasonal items, including clothes.    

Retail outlets honestly usually do not have the warehouse space to backstock things for any type of long period before putting them out on the store shelves.    

Again, I've worked in ordering for retail stores and I've been to many of their warehouses, this stuff for holidays is pretty much "last minute" shipments as we'd call them.   That was quite a few years ago, but I doubt seriously this has changed much since my time of working in the industry.

• The topic was locked