Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Channel configuration

JimCanfield

I set up a 32 channel musical sequence with tenth of a second timings and assigned all my channels, made them the right colors, drew all my objects in the animator, made a total of 3 tracks, saved it, then exported my channel configuration. Now I make a new musical sequence by adding a song, making it 8 channels, making it thent of a second timing then I import my channel configuration (as described above). What I get is my first track with the correct tenth of a second timings then my other 2 tracks are set up right but with no timing! What do I do?

I wanted to be able to import my master channel config so I did not have to keep making it. But my timings are all gone. I must be doing something wrong.

JimCanfield wrote:

I set up a 32 channel musical sequence with tenth of a second timings and assigned all my channels, made them the right colors, drew all my objects in the animator, made a total of 3 tracks, saved it, then exported my channel configuration. Now I make a new musical sequence by adding a song, making it 8 channels, making it thent of a second timing then I import my channel configuration (as described above). What I get is my first track with the correct tenth of a second timings then my other 2 tracks are set up right but with no timing! What do I do?

I wanted to be able to import my master channel config so I did not have to keep making it. But my timings are all gone. I must be doing something wrong.

Import/Export only works for channel assignments and the animation. You can not import or export timing grids. The first grid has timings because you told it what timing to use when you created the new file.

Since one of the best features of tracks is the ability to have different timing marks on different tracks, it will not automatically assign timing marks in new tracks...

You can "copy timimg" from the 1/10 track and "paste timing" in the new track and then save.

Unless, of course, you want different timing marks in the 2nd track...

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Jim, I got around that situation by creating a template musical sequence. I created a musical sequence with no events, but with all of my channels and tracks with timings. I saved it as template.lms then open it to create a new sequence changing the media file and renaming it for the new song. Track timings can be changed when needed to whatever you want.