Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! Please? Sequences.

Quiksand

I recently picked up an older LOR 1602, it should arrive tomorrow, I am pretty excited. Ive spent the last few months learning the different software options and settled back on the LOR software to spare me any headaches. I have the other parts and pieces on their way from LOR, Ill probably see them next week. I am working with basic LED lights this year and I am trying to keep it simple this year.

My trouble thus far are the sequences, I have spent the past several weeks tweaking and fooling around with it on multiple software's, HLS,Vixen and showtime.They are all great in their own way.   I have spent the last  two weeks tweaking one song. I know I am over thinking it but thats all apart of learning it. I officially HATE one of my favorite songs.  I seriously doubt I will get enough to make a full show. 

I have search the forums and have found where many of you kind souls have posted sequences for all sorts of great songs.  I cant seem to find specifically 16 channel sequences. I have loaded up an few different websites with sequences but I get this convoluted mash of stuff. 

Here are my questions that maybe you all can help with. 

Do I need to have the song already and add it someone else sequence?

Do I just change the channel names from "Roof lights" to my "tree lights"

Is there a place where I can find 16 channel sequences for free?

are there quality LOR sequences for 16 channels that are just mind blowing-ly great that I should buy?

thank you for all your advice and help 

Hi don't forget to check the Sequence Sharing topic

1. Legally you are supposed to own your own copy of any song your using. Be aware that some people modify the song (shorten it, cuts bits out) for their sequences so make sure your using the correct version. 

2. I find it easier to have my sequence open with my configuration, and the other person's sequence also open and then just copy/paste as required. 

3. I'll send you a link for some. They don't have to be 16 ch to match your 16 ch, as above you can just copy the channels that will fit to your configuration.

4. LOR sells some, holidaysequences dot com sell some and there's a few others. Usually they have a video so you can get a feel what they look like. Also check the Vendor Marketplace topic. As for the quality, that's for you to decide :)

Thank you for you help. I will find the sequence sharing topic. I found a tutorial on how to copy and paste from another tutorial late last night. Thank you for the message with the links.