Light-O-Rama Forums

Demo software and Sequence questions

Dave76

Hello again,

I recently purchased a starter kit, additional controller, and some other goodies.  I started sequencing on the PC I will be using, and I am saving the  .lms file as I go. 

1) I have no license key that I can find in my email purchases which included the S4 software so I should be able to import/use the .lms I'm making in demo right?

2) (I've watched the tutorials) but is there a better way other than the "wave" enabled in the sequence editor to match the music to the lights. I don't expect it to be easy, but I would like to be more precise and right now I listen to a 10 second section at a time in a loop trying to match it up.

3) not using rgb, only led, am I stuck with only on/off or can led still do or simulate fading, shimmer, twinkle?  I don't have the supplies to test this yet.

Thanks everyone! 

Dave

1  If you can not find your license key, you need to contact LOR help desk right away.  You will be stuck in demo mode till you enter it.

2  The beat wizard is probably the best tool for matching up sequences.   A lot of time is still spent fine tuning sequences if you want them to look the best.

3 Most big box LED sets will fade shimmer and twinkle.  Often times you may need a snubber to get smooth fades with LEDS.  A snubber can be a single C7 bulb or the glade plugin on the same channel as the LED set.  I'm told newer controllers are better with this, but since I don't have any, I don't know.

Any light sets with controllers on them like color changers or rainfall lights can only be programmed on or off.

Edited by Brian Mitchell

your license key should have been emailed to you promptly, check your junk/spam folder. And yes, you can save your work in the demo and it will all work once you register your license key.

Most big box store (home Depot and Lowes) led lights actually work pretty well with on, off, twinkle, shimmer and fade. Many on here warn people to stay away from the Martha Stewart brand as they have a tendency to overheat and catch fire. Don't know if that is still true or not.

Edited by Mr. P

48 minutes ago, Brian Mitchell said:

1  If you can not find your license key, you need to contact LOR help desk right away.  You will be stuck in demo mode till you enter it.

2  The beat wizard is probably the best tool for matching up sequences.   A lot of time is still spent fine tuning sequences if you want them to look the best.

3 Most big box LED sets will fade shimmer and twinkle.  Often times you may need a snubber to get smooth fades with LEDS.  A snubber can be a single C7 bulb or the glade plugin on the same channel as the LED set.  I'm told newer controllers are better with this, but since I don't have any, I don't know.

Any light sets with controllers on them like color changers or rainfall lights can only be programmed on or off.

Thank you.  I will be contacting them.  I checked my junk mail and nothing.  I have my two orders that I made and I did the option for "download" SW but there doesn't appear to be a license key anywhere.  Thanks

40 minutes ago, saxon said:

your license key should have been emailed to you promptly, check your junk/spam folder. And yes, you can save your work in the demo and it will all work once you register your license key.

Ok thank you!  I have been working a sequence for several hours now and wanted to make sure I would be able to use it before I put more time into it  Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Most big box store (home Depot and Lowes) led lights actually work pretty well with on, off, twinkle, shimmer and fade. Many on here warn people to stay away from the Martha Stewart brand as they have a tendency to overheat and catch fire. Don't know if that is still true or not.

Thank you.  This is good to know.  I will always have some LED's i'm sure even when I do move to RGB.  Thanks

3 hours ago, Dave76 said:

Ok thank you!  I have been working a sequence for several hours now and wanted to make sure I would be able to use it before I put more time into it  Thanks!

Go here: Software License Retrieval, click on "Find License", you'll need the EXACT NAME your ordered your LOR components and the EXACT E-MAIL address you used for confirming the order, once you have that and enter it, the LOR site will tell you what license you have and will e-mail it to you.

Once you click Find License, use the SECOND OPTION, since the 1st option requires the 1st 5 characters of your current license, since you don't know that yet, use the second option, enter the e-mail address associated with your license {again, one you used when you purchased everything}, and within no more than 2 hours you'll have your license e-mailed to you.  Note it states 2 hours, but most often it's within just a few minutes or less.

This is the e-mail address it will come from: customernotificationx-4@lightorama.com

Just did mine and came in in less than a minute after requesting it.   But since this is a different e-mail than when I initially started it was in my junk/spam folder.   So add that e-mail to your contact list so any future requests will send it to your Inbox!

Edited by Orville

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Go here: Software License Retrieval, click on "Find License", you'll need the EXACT NAME your ordered your LOR components and the EXACT E-MAIL address you used for confirming the order, once you have that and enter it, the LOR site will tell you what license you have and will e-mail it to you.

Once you click Find License, use the SECOND OPTION, since the 1st option requires the 1st 5 characters of your current license, since you don't know that yet, use the second option, enter the e-mail address associated with your license {again, one you used when you purchased everything}, and within no more than 2 hours you'll have your license e-mailed to you.  Note it states 2 hours, but most often it's within just a few minutes or less.

This is the e-mail address it will come from: customernotificationx-4@lightorama.com

Just did mine and came in in less than a minute after requesting it.   But since this is a different e-mail than when I initially started it was in my junk/spam folder.   So add that e-mail to your contact list so any future requests will send it to your Inbox!

This worked and it has been sent! Thanks a bunch

23 hours ago, Dave76 said:

This worked and it has been sent! Thanks a bunch

Glad that resolved your license issue! :D