Light-O-Rama Forums

Music File not recognized

Ralph A

I started my first song to sequence. Off to a bad start, since I will controll the show with my PC, I will not use MP3 format for the music files based on others advice So I tryed to open the music file that has been riped off the cd to the PC and placed into the LOR Audio file and it is not recognized. It must be formatted wrong! I've spent the last few hours going through the support pages and have yet to see this problem. Getting started is slow, glad its Febuary. Any advise would be appreciated

Ralph A wrote:

I started my first song to sequence. Off to a bad start, since I will controll the show with my PC, I will not use MP3 format for the music files based on others advice So I tryed to open the music file that has been riped off the cd to the PC and placed into the LOR Audio file and it is not recognized. It must be formatted wrong! I've spent the last few hours going through the support pages and have yet to see this problem. Getting started is slow, glad its Febuary. Any advise would be appreciated

What is the extension on the audio file?

Guest wbottomley

If you ripped the song from a cd in WMP, in WMP go to options, rip music settings, click on wav then apply settings. That should get you set there. If you downloaded the music, it will have to be converted in Audacity.

kzaas wrote:

Ralph A wrote:

What is the extension on the audio file?

Not sure. The format is WMP.

Mountainwxman wrote:

If you ripped the song from a cd in WMP, in WMP go to options, rip music settings, click on wav then apply settings. That should get you set there. If you downloaded the music, it will have to be converted in Audacity.

This song was off i Tunes, burned to a CD. Then ripped to my audio file in all four formats; windows media audio, windows media audio (variable bit rate), windows media audio (looseless) and MP3. When trying to open for new music sequence it only recognizes the MP3 files. In the dialog box (while trying to open) I have the, File Types, All Supported File Types selected. I have other music also that was off a CD and they are not recognized either.

Thanks for your input. Ralph

As a relative newbie, I have had no problems using MP3. Just make sure they are constant bit rate (CBR) not variable bit rate (VBR).

Download audacity and run all your songs throught that. If downloading from itunes, you are picking up digital rights management (DRM). That would explain some of your problems.

Since the mp3 is working for you, either use it, or convert it to wave via Audacity.

Ok Guys, I found the Problem! I downloaded the demo a while back. To become acquainted with the software (using MP3 formated files). I just bought the software Friday. Anyway that was 1-6-15, and for some reason it did not recognize wav files, When I found the update 2.0.14 the problem was solved!!

Thanks for the help:P