Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linkers

Chadthedrummer7

I have a questions, I have 2 - CTB04RF (light controllers with wireless ELL's) and I need to go from inside the garage wireless to the 2 - CTB04RF's AND start a regular chain of controllers in the yard. Can the ELL (RF-V5)'s transfer signal to more than one unit? In other words, 3 wireless ELL's, be controller by 1 wireless ELL?

Computer - RJ:45 to 1 wireless ELL (RF-V5) .........................       Wireless To:

--------------- ELL (1) (CTB04RF)

-----------------ELL (2) (CTB04RF)

-----------------ELL (3) to a chain of CTB16PC's

I hope this makes sense to some awesome person out there that may help me out.

Thank you!

Newb 101 Chad-

It will work just fine.  I have three ELL's in my yard that are "fed" from the one in the house.
Having the three separate devices makes it so I don't have a mile of CAT5 (aka squirrel chew toy) in the yard.

Ok, nice. Just wanted to make sure I can do multiple (more than  2) off of the same ELL from inside. perfect. Thank you sir. So i only need one pair to run that, then the CTB04RF already has the ELL in there, so golden! Thank you again sir.

I agree with basis21b -- I am just running two ELLs but I would think as long as a 3rd one had the same receiving channel set it should be able to pick i up as well.  One thing to be aware of which I just recently heard -- the ELLs apparently don't work with the faster network speeds.  Don't know if the new ones that LOR has introduced with this sale have the ability to run higher speed.  

I run anywhere from 7 to 9 ELLs. 

Key things to remember. They need to be oriented the same direction, antenna up for best results. 

From your USB485B to your transmit ELL, that Cat5 should be no longer than 25'. To help with this, I get a really long USB1 cord to go from my computer to the USB485B.

Your receive ELLs should be line of site and up about 6-8ft. 

ELLs do not work for the highspeed network. 

New ELLs? I need to go looksee there........

9 hours ago, tomsusie said:

Don't know if the new ones that LOR has introduced with this sale have the ability to run higher speed.  

I did not find any new wireless units, only the same ELLs. 

Oh bummer, TomSusie got me excited there for a minute. With all the new technology and devices coming out you would think they would be upgrading the ELL's to run on the new hi-speed networks.

50 minutes ago, Daryl said:

Oh bummer, TomSusie got me excited there for a minute. With all the new technology and devices coming out you would think they would be upgrading the ELL's to run on the new hi-speed networks.

It's primarily a bandwidth issue.  To handle anything faster would require a completely new system.

Sorry if I got everyone excited but I thought these were a new item.  don't recall seeing them in the past.    link is http://store.lightorama.com/adct.html  It appears to be a controller with a built in ELL.  Based on Jim's info that it is a bandwidth issue it would seem that the ELL in this unit is the same as the individual units but built in with a controller.

Your questions make sense to me because I am an awesome person.  (Just got here late)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomsusie said:

Sorry if I got everyone excited but I thought these were a new item.  don't recall seeing them in the past.    link is http://store.lightorama.com/adct.html  It appears to be a controller with a built in ELL.  Based on Jim's info that it is a bandwidth issue it would seem that the ELL in this unit is the same as the individual units but built in with a controller.

Those new controllers came out at the Spring sale this year.  There are two versions of the 4 channel controller - one with a built in ELL and one without.  I almost bought one (without the ELL) during the spring sale, but ended up getting an 8 channel board instead.

i got 2 with the ELL (as i have holiday plugs in the soffit, and didn't want to run the cat-5's. Now i just need to buy the actual ELL's to run these wireless (as well as more out front) Anyone other than Basis use 3 ELL's?

The year before last, I used 6 ELL's. One inside feeding all the others and there were no issues. Last season, I was getting interference from some unknown source almost as if someone else was on the same exact frequency/channel yet I don't think that's the case. Altered channels but still had the issue. Most likely a Ham operator with a harmonic of some sort or other device causing the issues. Last season, I ended up wiring directly to solve it.

I used five last year and will again this year.  Four are outside and one is inside.  Had no problems once I made sure the yard EELs were in site of the inside EEL.

I ran 16 ELL's over 16 houses..not a single issue with them..no lag...just cant have over 500 channels per network....

17 minutes ago, Daryl said:

debtoews, I'm guessing that you weren't running any or a lot of RGB's with the ELL's?

This would mean you are running the CCx LOR products. Depending on the amount of channels you are running, you would want to at least separate the RGB network to run on its own, and I would not do that with ELLs. I would hard wire to the CCx controllers. At best you would run the LOR fast network with those devices and ELLs dont support that speed. 

16 hours ago, Daryl said:

debtoews, I'm guessing that you weren't running any or a lot of RGB's with the ELL's?

Correct No RGB's

15 hours ago, zman said:

This would mean you are running the CCx LOR products. Depending on the amount of channels you are running, you would want to at least separate the RGB network to run on its own, and I would not do that with ELLs. I would hard wire to the CCx controllers. At best you would run the LOR fast network with those devices and ELLs dont support that speed. 

My CCR Tree is split between 2 networks and not on ELL's...those networks plug straight into the computer running everything...  This year we have 16 houses- each with at least 4- color eves top and bottom and 6 mini trees also 4 colors...those are all on ELL's..so each house has 1 ELL .  Works like a dream!

Edited by debtoews