Light-O-Rama Forums

Tracks not running in sync with each other

Philip

my config for Christmas has 4 different tracks and I'm sequencing a song for my Christmas show. The odd part is when I do a playback, the "highlight current time" marker isn't always in the same place on each track. It's close but one may be ahead and another behind. I'm using the play visible screen mode and have noticed that things seem to run better, if I save and close the sequence then reopen and play it again. The problem gets worse after running at 1/2 speed then going back to normal play speed

I've noticed the same thing. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem or not, but on mine it's because one track is a few cells shorter than the other. Basically, the time goes by as fast, but because one is shorter than the other, the shorter one will eventually catch and lap the first one. Check and see if this is the same for yours as well.

mmaness wrote:

I've noticed the same thing. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem or not, but on mine it's because one track is a few cells shorter than the other. Basically, the time goes by as fast, but because one is shorter than the other, the shorter one will eventually catch and lap the first one. Check and see if this is the same for yours as well.

Wow, that's interesting! I tried it just now with one track 4 seconds long and one track 5 seconds. By zooming in, I could get the markers to vary by 0.17 seconds.

Edit: Made picture smaller so no scrolling! :D:):)

Attached files 149934=8756-lor.jpg

I just noticed the timescales are different on the two tracks. The markers are actually in the same spot! :shock: It's just the timescale on the tracks do not line up, but the marker is at 3.16 on both tracks. Interesting!

yes, the time scales can be in different places and this will happen mostly when you have a track hidden and then re open it after having moves the time scale in another track. This bugs me, so I slide the time scale after opening the other track and they will sync back up to have the time markers in the same place.

All the tracks are the same length and one of them even has the same timings, just a different part of the display, yet the timing marker are frequently not syncronized from one track to the other.