Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II replaces LOR I

thecats

I haven't seen an official statement, but am making the assumption that LOR I is done. LOR II will be the new supported LOR software; LOR I will no longer be supported--is this correct?

2nd: Plan on getting another controller at the annual sale. Will that controller have the new firmware? As I understand it--assuming I've been keeping up with all of the various threads--once LOR II is officially released, a firmware update will be required for all controllers. Just wondering if the new controllers for sale will have it--no big deal either way, just curious.

I have LOR II ver. 14 on 1 of my PCs to see how everything works and it seems to be "seamless"--as an IT person that is a very hard thing for me to say, I've been told that a lot but never really seen it--except here. Great Job.

FINAL question: Since LOR II vers 14 seems to be just fine. I'm assuming I should go ahead and load it to the PC where I do my sequencing and then take the "offical version" when it comes--this way, I can start making my changes for next season now. Correct?

Love the forum....provides lots of help to person needing it and those of us setting on the sidelines watching.

The new software will replace LOR I when it is released. I doubt that all support for the old software will cease but over time it will become more limited since most people will be using the new software and I'm sure that is where they would want to place their resources.

The current gamma version (2.0.14) does not require a firmware change to the existing controllers. I also believe that I read in another post that when the official version of S2 (formerly named LOR II) is released that you will not need to update your firmware. The firmware update will occur later this year. Not sure if you are aware of this but the gamma releases of the software will only work until about June of this year. This will not be a problem since the official release of the new software will be before then.

As for the version of the firmware that new controllers may have is a question that only LOR can answer.

tom.

hobbes wrote:

The new software will replace LOR I when it is released. I doubt that all support for the old software will cease but over time it will become more limited since most people will be using the new software and I'm sure that is where they would want to place their resources.

The current gamma version (2.0.14) does not require a firmware change to the existing controllers. I also believe that I read in another post that when the official version of S2 (formerly named LOR II) is released that you will not need to update your firmware. The firmware update will occur later this year. Not sure if you are aware of this but the gamma releases of the software will only work until about June of this year. This will not be a problem since the official release of the new software will be before then.

As for the version of the firmware that new controllers may have is a question that only LOR can answer.

tom.

The future of LOR I is going to have an interesting twist.

We will be announcing some interesting information about the LOR software suites at the end of the month.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Did I read somewhere that it could be about LOR III, not II? LOL!

I think you are onto something, do the math: LOR I + LOR II = LOR III