Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio File Problem

Guest guest

I am starting my sequences for this year and I am having a problem with the audio file. It is a sequence from last year but I have added more channels and redoing it. The problem is when I play the whole sequence the audio file and timing match up but when I try to play visible screen it does not. If I start at the beginning and play visible screen it matches up fine but if I move to for an example 30 seconds and play visible screen the timing is off. I don't get it because I know it is right because when I play the whole file at once it is fine. Anybody got any ideas what is going on.

It seems that Windows Media Player and some MP3 (especially variable bit rate) do not get the timing right when you "jump" into the middle of a file. The best thing to do is to convert the MP3 to a WAV file if you can during the editing. You can use the orignal MP3 file for the show.

Generally fixed bit rate MP3s do not have this problem BUT I have heard some folks say that they have had this happen with fixed rate MP3s as well.

You can get a free converter from Audaciity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ if you need it. Just open the MP3 file then under the File menu export as WAV. Then in the sequence editor you can switch to the WAV file using EDIT->AudioFile and select the WAV.

We hope to have these issues resolved or at least transparent to the User in LOR II.