Light-O-Rama Forums

Little vid I made

oilmoney

I got myself a Phantom 4 to shoot the display this winter. I figured I'd take it out for a little flight tonight behind my house. This will give you an idea of the destruction that occured up here, I didn't film any destroyed homes, just the forests. Around 2 mins in you will see a couple beaver ponds, I'm guessing that's why my home and my lights were spared. There were roughly 40 homes lost in my neighborhood but when the fire climbed the hill after it jumped the river ( 1000 ft roughly ) it appears that the swamps kept it away from my corner of the neighborhood. Once the fire was past the swamps it got close enough to jump the road and into people's homes. Just thought I'd share....

Nice country, glad it wasn't totally destroyed -

When I heard Fort McMurray was being evacuated, I thought of you - the only person I knew was from there.

Have you done a distance test for controller loss yet? I know the p4 has 1.3 mile video feed but what is the RC range? Just want to compare

• Like 1

No, I haven't tested for distance yet, I will when I head to Saskatchewan this fall, got some harvesting to film!

Beautiful video, nice country.  Glad the swamps were able to spare you!   Wish the idiotic developers would and could understand that where I live!   In Florida they love to cover swamps, small lakes and streams and turn them into concrete jungles!   Then they cry and wonder why foiks have alligators, bears and other wildlife invading their yards and parking lots of business....Duuuuhhhh!

Wish I could have a drone, but unfortunately where I live, between and less than 5 miles away from 2 major airports in Orlando, I can't even buy one because of where I live, my house is directly under the flight paths of both airports, and the planes are sometimes low enough you can almost see the people inside them!

A couple of my neighbors tried to buy a drone and they were told, nope, can't let you buy one because of where your address is located among two flight paths from 2 major airports less than 5 miles from you.  Major bummer, so there will never be any aerial videos of my display because of this.

• The topic was locked