Light-O-Rama Forums

Where's the Ignore option?

B.Y.R.G.

Is there a reason why the "Ignore this Topic" options doesn't show up on every thread?  I would like to ignore some sequence sharing threads and a few others but it's not available.  Am I missing something?

Good question!!! I was looking for it this weekend too but couldn't find it. There are a few threads that I would like to "ignore" I'm not saying the threads aren't important or relevant to somebody .... Just not to me

Wormhole opened.

Looks like someone didn't configure the plug-in to allow every thread in every sub-forum to be ignored. (Don't know who, don't care, really.)

Are there other threads that are getting an average of 9 posts per day for the last 22 months that I've missed?

Can the ignore option be applied to all topics?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

I would like an ignore button for just certain people.... If you can get that to work for people that aren't even members of this site, that would be a miracle and you would be very rich! If I had that feature for my second boss, I would probably still have a job there.  

40 minutes ago, mcha said:

I would like an ignore button for just certain people.... If you can get that to work for people that aren't even members of this site, that would be a miracle and you would be very rich! If I had that feature for my second boss, I would probably still have a job there.  

Look close. It's already there.

Looks like the "EDIT" post option decided to join the "IGNORE THIS TOPIC" as I don't see it now.  It was just there a couple of hours ago.......weird.

5 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Looks like the "EDIT" post option decided to join the "IGNORE THIS TOPIC" as I don't see it now.  It was just there a couple of hours ago.......weird.

Edits are limited to two hours. Gives one time to make corrections to a post as needed, but not change it days, weeks or months later.

18 hours ago, DevMike said:

I only configured it to work with coffee shop.

Any chance the rest of the forum topics can be added to have the "Ignore This Topic" option?  I really get tired of seeing repeat sequence sharing topics showing up in the unread content.  3 words for ya.....Make it SO!   "please"

Here was my thinking back when I only enabled it for the Coffee Shop:

Allowing topics to be ignored is a very slippery slope.  We already (by nature of this being an online forum) have problems with misunderstandings that happen between people.  Imagine the issues if we were to enable ignore across the entire site, someone is ignoring a topic that we post an important update into and they don't see it (because it is ignored).  or if a topic gets moved from one board to another.  or any number of other things.  

Coffee shop is pretty much 'anything goes' and is not usually used for 'official' LOR stuff  or user-to-user support, so no big deal.  What I don't want to see develop are 'cliques' - messages ignored simply because of the person who posts them.  

I can see there is limited value in not allowing 'ignore topic' for things in 'Sequence Sharing', so I will enable it there too.

FYI -- I'm not sure why the need for ignore really came up at all.  For me, I only ever get 1 single entry when I hit 'Unread Content'.  When there is a new post in a topic, regardless of the number of new posts in there, it only shows up once [and easy to just skip over].  I may have enabled something in my profile to allow that.  You may want to check it out too.

51 minutes ago, DevMike said:

FYI -- I'm not sure why the need for ignore really came up at all.  For me, I only ever get 1 single entry when I hit 'Unread Content'.  When there is a new post in a topic, regardless of the number of new posts in there, it only shows up once [and easy to just skip over].  I may have enabled something in my profile to allow that.  You may want to check it out too.

I too only get 1 single entry when I hit 'Unread Content' but if somebody posts again to that subject then it's back at the top and it's usually a response like 'Check yer inbox"  " you got mail"  "can I have a copy too?"  It gets pretty monotonus.

Don't really agree with your thinking about not applying it to all Forum topics but I do really appreciate you did enable it for sequence sharing.......thanks!

3 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I too only get 1 single entry when I hit 'Unread Content' but if somebody posts again to that subject then it's back at the top and it's usually a response like 'Check yer inbox"  " you got mail"  "can I have a copy too?"  It gets pretty monotonus.

Don't really agree with your thinking about not applying it to all Forum topics but I do really appreciate you did enable it for sequence sharing.......thanks!

If you only get one entry, and you know you don't want to read that thread ... why even open it?

Just now, Don said:

If you only get one entry, and you know you don't want to read that thread ... why even open it?

I don't open it but it stills comes to the top when another post is made to that subject.

3 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I don't open it but it stills comes to the top when another post is made to that subject.

You know it's possible to create a "New Activity" stream with just the forums you want to see, and sort with old replies at the top?

You'd never even see the Sequence Sharing forum.

3 hours ago, DevMike said:

If the last 16 posts in the forum were for the same topic, I see it 16 times.  For example, I just opened another window and click on "New Content".  I get the following subjects (along with who posted or replied, and their avatar - shortened here):

Put your Dongle away (by me)

k6ccc started following Put your dongle away

TitusCarnatan started following Put your dongle away

Put your Dongle away (by TitusCarnathan)

Where is the Ignore option? (by Don)

Where is the Ignore option? (by B.Y.R.G.)

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

Yea, that's a "busy" filter.  Sort of out of the box thinking, but it does work!  I did add it to my custom streams. I would still prefer to be able to ignore a thread rather than an entire section of the forum, but it will do for now...

Thanks Don

38 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yea, that's a "busy" filter.  Sort of out of the box thinking, but it does work!  I did add it to my custom streams. I would still prefer to be able to ignore a thread rather than an entire section of the forum, but it will do for now...

Thanks Don

+1