Light-O-Rama Forums

Subdivide Timings Causes Crash

michael.farney

I had about 15 cells I needed to subdivide by two. So, I tried to do them all at once instead of one cell at a time, and it caused the program to crash.

1. Highlight more than one cell (horizontally).
2. Choose subdivide timings and enter a value.
3. Crash occurs after 5-7 seconds.

I'm not sure if subdivide is intended to be used this way, but it sure would be a great feature!

Really? If you have one second timings, you can highlight the first 10 seconds (10 cells), and select subdivide timings 2? Then the first 10 seconds will now have 0.5 timings?

I tried it again on several of my files. Crashes every time I highlight more than one cell.

It's got to be something weird with my machine. Subdivide timings doesn't work at all anymore. Even subdividing a single cell will crash. I know I've used the feature fine in the previous days. Maybe I should try a reboot.

Well, same problem after reboot. I can't subdivide a single cell whether it's an existing file or brand new one. I even tried a blank animation and it still crashed. I might have to email Bob on this one. I'm not sure why I get such weird stuff to happen on my PCs sometimes.

Here's the current scenereo: The subdivide timings doesn't do anything on my computer. If I choose it, the application just goes along like normal. The actual crash only occurs when I right click after trying to use the subdivide timings feature. I can use the application fine for several minutes afterwards until I right click. The crash always occurs on the first right click. I can take some screen video if needed.

The other curious thing is the "undo" feature. Once I try to use the subdivide timings feature, undo will generate this error: "Automation Error. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients." Undo still works fine, but this error pops up every time I undo until I crash the software with a right click.

Attached files 149839=8753-automation error.JPG

Just for the benefit of anyone who might be curious about this thread:

Michael has been having another problem, where the Beat Wizard is crashing for him for certain files. He's generously been helping me troubleshoot that problem over the last couple of weeks (and I think we're very close to fixing it).

We looked into this new "Subdivide Timings" crash that he's seen, and it turns out to be related to a special version of LOR that I had sent him in order to help troubleshoot that Beat Wizard issue.

So, this "Subdivide Timings" crash should not affect anyone else (neither now nor when we release the fix for the Beat Wizard crash).

bob wrote:

Just for the benefit of anyone who might be curious about this thread:

Michael has been having another problem, where the Beat Wizard is crashing for him for certain files. He's generously been helping me troubleshoot that problem over the last couple of weeks (and I think we're very close to fixing it).

We looked into this new "Subdivide Timings" crash that he's seen, and it turns out to be related to a special version of LOR that I had sent him in order to help troubleshoot that Beat Wizard issue.

So, this "Subdivide Timings" crash should not affect anyone else (neither now nor when we release the fix for the Beat Wizard crash).

Thanks for giving the update. I was just about post a much smaller version, but you beat me to it. What great service from LOR! :):):)

btw: the beat wizard crash problem appears to be fixed too. :D:D:D