Light-O-Rama Forums

Some (newbie) questions...

Paul B. Anderson

I've seen other posts about similar problems, but doesn't answer my question(s).....

I purchased the 16 ch starter package during the sale last June of 2007, I believe it is the "Extended Version", not sure if it is LOR I or II

1 - If I try any slow playback speed setting, the song will play slow, but the timing bar that moves accross the screen does not follow correctly. As the tune is playing (slow), and using "play visible screen", the bar will start, then stop for a moment, and may move again or not. I could really use this feature cuz I have some fast tunes.

2 - After playing a visible screen, normal speed, the timing grid "shifts". That is, it may show part of the next page/screen, or disappear completely while the tool bars and all else stays. When this happens, I just have to click anywhere in the grid and it returns, but then I've just highlighted a cell that I don't want and have to erase it.

3 - I have received an e-mail from LOR about the new S2 software, and it states that S2 will be provided free of charge to Showtime Software Suite Owners. How do I know If I am eligable to receive such a great offer!?!

Can you describe your hardware (computer) more? It could even be a slow machine or the result of slow integrated graphics. I've even seen symptoms that your describing on rare occasion on my PC, running LOR II. But I'm using an IBM T40 thinkpad with ony 256 MB RAM and its been acting extra slow lately. I suspect when I install my second copy onto my new dual-core machine with sweet graphics and 2GB -- I won't experience these things anymore (or, I hope I won't).

You should be able to upgrade to the LOR II gamma (pre-S2 version) for free. You just need to find the link, download it and install it.

First go to the LIR II page in link #1 below.

#1 http://lightorama.com/LORII_Page.html

Ultimately, you can decide download the LOR II update from a link in that page ... but the direct link for the download is provided in #2 below. (just in case).

#2 http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORUpdate-2.0.14.exe

Link #3 is for the latest version of the LOR gamma. You can read about it here.

#3 http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/16142.html

Link #4 is a direct link for the LOR gamma update ... only run this AFTER installing LOR II from link #2 above FIRST.

#4 http://lightorama.com/downloads/LORUpdate-2.0.14.exe

Note: Once you convert your sequences to LOR II, you will not be able to go back to LOR I again. Personally, I don't see why you would want to. There is a learning curve to utilize the new features, but more of the core functionality remains the same. YOu could always make a copy of them in LOR I format now and put them in a separate folder, before you convert them in LOR II.

There could be some ever so slight stability issues in 2.0.14 ... but it also many other enhancements and fixes that are nice.

Scott

Paul B. Anderson wrote:

I've seen other posts about similar problems, but doesn't answer my question(s).....

I purchased the 16 ch starter package during the sale last June of 2007, I believe it is the "Extended Version", not sure if it is LOR I or II Untill S2 is released there is only one version of LOR I.

1 - If I try any slow playback speed setting, the song will play slow, but the timing bar that moves accross the screen does not follow correctly. As the tune is playing (slow), and using "play visible screen", the bar will start, then stop for a moment, and may move again or not. I could really use this feature cuz I have some fast tunes.

2 - After playing a visible screen, normal speed, the timing grid "shifts". That is, it may show part of the next page/screen, or disappear completely while the tool bars and all else stays. When this happens, I just have to click anywhere in the grid and it returns, but then I've just highlighted a cell that I don't want and have to erase it.
If you want to use LOR I. Goto the support page on the light o rama website and download the most recent update for 1.0. Otherwise you can download the Gamma version of LOR II i(n the future to be S2) and start working with that.

3 - I have received an e-mail from LOR about the new S2 software, and it states that S2 will be provided free of charge to Showtime Software Suite Owners. How do I know If I am eligable to receive such a great offer!?!

You will be eligible for the upgrade. Dan has stated all currently licensed users of LOR ! will be able to upgrade for free. Or the very least the cost of the media plus s&h if you choose.

Chuck

Thanx for the links, taybrynn. I will definately check into them. But at home, I am still on dial-up (yes, i know, don't want to hear it). I am not computer savvy, so could i download the upgrades say, here at work, burn them to a disk and load it at home, or do i have to load the upgrades on the computer that has the LOR software on it? If so, i'll start on Saturday morning, and maybe done by dinnertime to start sequencing. I do not remember the specifics of the computer at home I am using for LOR - it is my girlfriends E-Machine.

I am currently running 1.5.0. After upgrading to LOR II, do I need to upgrade the hardware utility and/or driver updates seperately, or is it all in one download?¿? - Paul

more questions about upgrading.....

Ultimately, I would like to upgrade to the S2 version when it is released. As I mentioned above, I am currently running the basic 1.5.0. Should I simply wait until S2 is released, and upgrade directly to that, or do I need to upgrade in steps; like taybrynn noted to upgrade to 2.0.14 BEFORE downloading the gamma update?? If I need to upgrade in steps to S2 what are they? Also, I will need to download all upgrades at work, burn to a cd, and run it at home - so then what happens the the current version and sequences I have? Do I need to save the sequences to another folder before upgrading, then convert? I have seen the warning that you cannot run LOR I and II on the same machine, so how does that work? Again, I am not all that computer literate these days with so many variables and options - mind boggeling. I don't do much with computers, just simple stuff at work, internet, and LOR. So, thanks everyone for your patience w/me and my million questions as I continue reading more more posts, learning, and sequencing... - Paul

I have just read that LOR II moves the current files from LOR I...no need to answer that one - Paul