Light-O-Rama Forums

Loading Channels et al

caniac

I am setting up my sequence config this years to add my new AlphaPix 16 to the mix.  I have setup the AlphaPix as 16 Universes with 50 (max of 340) Pixels per each.  Is there an easy way to add this to a sequence and consequently the config without doing it one LED/Circuits at a time (5,500 pixels+).

Add Device, with the device being a DMX universe.  Make sure you add the new channels to the BOTTOM of your existing channels (or the bottom of your master track if using multiple tracks).  That way it only takes 16 adds.  After it's set up,export the config and then import into your other sequences.

17 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Add Device, with the device being a DMX universe.  Make sure you add the new channels to the BOTTOM of your existing channels (or the bottom of your master track if using multiple tracks).  That way it only takes 16 adds.  After it's set up,export the config and then import into your other sequences.

did not work the way I thought it should, just added addition channels but DID NOT add RGB channels.

Oh yea.  Then convert the entire DMX universe to RGB.  May take a while on a slow computer.

OK, now typing this with SE running on the other monitor rather than by memory while on my phone. 

When you add a device, and select device type as DMX universe, it gives an option for individual channels or RGB channels.  Select RGB channels and the dropdown for 170 pixels.  Give it a name at the top and click OK.

If you had created an entire universe as individual channels, you can right click on the first channel and select "Convert to RGB channel".  At the bottom of the pop-up box check the box for "Also do this for following channels" then change the "2" for "create how many RGB channels?" to 170, and click OK.  That will convert the first 510 channels into 170 RGB channels.  That leaves channels 511 & 512 which you will most likely want to delete.

Sorry for the partial information.  Tapatalk on my phone is very handy, but my memory has it's limits!

I know the feeling, turned 60 last month!! :)   Will try this when I get home tonight and update you.  Thanks.

• 3 months later...