Light-O-Rama Forums

error when loading configurations with sub-sequences

Philip

While donig my halloween sequencing I'm setting up an area of the yard that is handled with sub-sequences.

when I'm working on sequences, I always name a file "working-wxyz.las" and when I finish I change it to "done-wxyz.las" the first time through I misspelled part of the file name and didn't realize it. When going back to work on the main yard, I tweaked the configuration and added my subsequences, the exported it again to save.

Later when I discovered the misspelling, I corrected it, and that's where the problem came in. When you try to load a configuration and a subsequence can't be found, it gave an error message and then only loaded about 1/2 of the rest of the configuration. It took a while before I figured out what the problem was, and I didn't write down the error.

I'm a little confused when you say you corrected the misspelling. Did you rename the files in Windows explorer or through LOR? Is this thread just a comment or are you saying this is a potential bug?

Mark

When I try to load a sequence that has a missing sub-sequence, the load fails and nothing loads. I do not mind this. It does say it cannot open the sub-sequence and then it did not open the main sequence.

However it sounds like in your case, it gave the warning but did load the sequence (at least parts of it)... That is not expected behaviour.

Can you email the sequence to support@lightorama.com and let us know which channel had the missing sub-sequence.

Thanks
Dan