Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy Memorial Day

Bizywk

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and safe Memorial Day.  This day isn't for veterans, burgers, an extra day off, or even that cold beer, its the day we memorialize those heroes that gave their lives for our freedom and defense of this great nation.  This is the greatest nation on earth because of those heroes.    

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=reagan+memorial+day+speech&view=detail&mid=25017D5741890FDE316025017D5741890FDE3160&FORM=VIRE

• Like 1

Fully agree.  But if you also want to enjoy a burger and a cold beer while lighting up the night sky with RWB, go ahead!

• Like 1

Memorial Day weekend is the start of the tourist rat race where I'm from. Not a pleasant holiday for us Cape Codders.  We won't even leave the house this weekend...yes, it's that bad here. The roads will be gridlocked and the stores will be wiped out. We are already stocked for the weekend.

On 5/25/2016 at 4:58 PM, Need more lights said:

Memorial Day weekend is the start of the tourist rat race where I'm from. Not a pleasant holiday for us Cape Codders.  We won't even leave the house this weekend...yes, it's that bad here. The roads will be gridlocked and the stores will be wiped out. We are already stocked for the weekend.

Ha! Many moons ago, I was one of those invaders. I'm on the west coast now (30+ years), but I do miss the cape.

Mike

• Like 1

• The topic was locked