Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has a Papagayo for Dummies manual?

gorichgo

Does anyone have an EASY step by step manual (or video) on how to use Papagayo for singing faces and incorporate it into the sequence?

If you download the newer versions of Xlights/Nutcracker it has incorporated the Papagayo functionality into it now. I have been playing with it and it is very easy to use. I'd suggest you try that out.

And, there are a couple of good videos on YouTube about setting up the faces/mouths to align with the words.

2 minutes ago, jamills706 said:

If you download the newer versions of Xlights/Nutcracker it has incorporated the Papagayo functionality into it now.

I appreciate your suggestion and will consider it but If I use Xlights then I would have to learn that too and learn how to get it back into LOR.  Sounds like too much work.  My brain only has so much capacity. ;)

Now I will admit I haven't done it yet - but I am told you can "easily" save the Xights/Nutcracker sequence into LOR format.

Also, I would comment...I was suggesting that you just use the Xlights software to get the faces/mouths programmed....no need to do the whole thing that way.

I am primarily a SuperStar sequencer with some Sequence Editor programming experience....and didn't find the Xlights Faces programming to be much of a learning curve (just my two cents worth! LOL). The biggest learning curve was in how to set up the lights in the software - but the YouTube video took that right through step by step and was really easy to follow.

One of the reasons I suggest it is because it has a huge dictionary pf words and the appropriate associations with mouth shapes built in - so, all you do is tell it where the words fall in the song and it assigns all of the right phonemes (or mouth shapes) to each word at the click of a button. made really short work of it for me.

Edited by jamills706