Light-O-Rama Forums

Major Redo in the offing

Jaynee

So, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to have to complete redo all my sequencing from last year (I was originally planning only to TWEAK my pre-existing songs from last year).  Tomorrow we're having two trees removed from our front yard, in addition to a tree in our backyard.  All have fallen victim to tree sickness (the one in the back is actually tilting and uprooting itself, and if it rains between now and tomorrow morning, it WILL come down) and cannot be saved.  I used those trees for decorations and the light show, so now I need to figure out a new plan.

I suppose the "positives" in all this are that two channels just opened up for something else...and maybe I can do a mega-tree in the open spot of the larger front tree now.

Anyone else ever have to redo their entire display due to losing an important structure in their yard (i.e., trees, bushes, other landscaping)?

Edited by Jaynee

Not because of losing an important structure in the yard, but I re-do my display every year and have to tweak or re-sequence all of mine.

I re-sequence EVERYTHING every year, I like giving a completely deferent experience to my viewers every year.

I would use your two channels on fake trees or something of the sort. How much will those two channels really change your display?

That sounds like a blessing in disguise. First thing I did when we closed escrow on new home was rip 3 trees out of the front yard.  Had to make room for mega tree and 54 mini trees.  You're not having to redo entire display.  Just changing it a little bit.  Nothing beats a MEGA TREE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadianchristmas said:

I re-sequence EVERYTHING every year, I like giving a completely deferent experience to my viewers every year.

I would use your two channels on fake trees or something of the sort. How much will those two channels really change your display?

Well, in theory not a lot, but I did use one of those soon-to-be-gone trees and my lone remaining tree I'll have for a couple back and forth spoken word sequences that I did.  So those are out unless I can figure out what two things I can use for that instead of the trees.