Light-O-Rama Forums

mark your house

evan.a

I just put my location on the map and When I zoomed in with their satelite map I was able to see my truck in my parking lot:shock:, I can't even get fed ex to find me half the time. However it would be better if this was a map just for LOR forum users.

By the way Evana, according to this map, You are one of the displays closer to me. I am about a half hour or so from hacketstown. I think Budd Lake is pretty close to there.

Scott Blessing wrote:

I just put my location on the map and When I zoomed in with their satelite map I was able to see my truck in my parking lot:shock:, I can't even get fed ex to find me half the time. However it would be better if this was a map just for LOR forum users.

By the way Evana, according to this map, You are one of the displays closer to me. I am about a half hour or so from hacketstown. I think Budd Lake is pretty close to there.

yes next town over 5 minutes away. well now I can map where to drive by to check out others display.

Satellite picture is almost 5 years old, My property still under construction.

evana wrote:

... well now I can map where to drive by to check out others display.
I am 8 miles south of RT 78 on the delaware river. This was my first year, It was alot of fun, work, fun, work, FUN! Like everyone else I intend to add more lights and channels for next year. ( that would mean more work and fun:)) I will let you know if My 2008 display is worthy of a 40 minute trip LOL

jpohio wrote:

Mine is about 3 years old too.

Nice to see you on the map. Map Quest just updated their map of our area... and it is still older than this one. If you plug in my address, not only does it show me in three different towns, your driving directions from them will take you right past my front door, and into another county.

That is what I get for living in the middle of no where, as much as I like it.:P

Wow, there are updated maps for my little part of the hicks, shocking considering how little there is around me. ;) Seems like a very current snapshot considering both our front and rear decks are visible and so is our new "expanded" driveway. Probably not more than 6 months old. Again, wow. :D

(btw, last I checked the maps for my area were 5 or 6 years old)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put the address in for my house, it was two door down from where it actually was. Photo maybe up to three years old. Shows my new lawn, which we put in about 3 years ago this June.

Local live looks like an older picture of my house. Front yard landscaping was done, but not the back. Noticed my boat is in the front of the house, which means I was either taking it out or bring it back in.

When I switch to the Birds Eye view, even a older picture. Shows my 70' pine tree, which is gone. And have our old truck which we got ride of 4 years ago.

Yea, wonder if there is a way to get a real recent photo. That would be cool if there was.

Too bad it's only available to Americans. Too funny the number of lights across the Eastern Seaboard.

-Evan

• 5 months later...

Thanks, pretty cool. Satellite images are pretty old, but, does that really matter, we're showing off our current displays and sharing locations right?

Added My location.

See ya.

In other fly over service photos I can be seen in my back yard looking up at the airplane taking the photos. I get concerned when I see a very low flying airplane below the minimum flight altitude - worried that it might be a plane in trouble. It is always fun to look and compare the quality of photos!