Light-O-Rama Forums

C6 LED Grass Border

Big Sanch Mafia

There year i am going to run a border of Red, Green, blue LED C6 strings along my grass to make a border. i would like each bulb to stand up straight.

any ideas? The only one i can think of is to staple each string to a pice of 1x3, stapling by each side of the light to get it to stick up. Then drill a hole at the top, middle and bottom of the 1x3 so i can put a steak or rebar into the wood to hold it to the grass.

any one have any other ideas or ideas to improve on mine?

Thanks Chad

so i did my entire yard with c9's this year.  I used about a 1/2 by 1/2 piece of wood i cut, painted black.  And ran the strings on the wood, I used a combination of zip ties and a staple gun to attach to the wood.  I used light stakes into the ground and zip tied the wood to the stakes, that were placed about every 3-4 feet.  big key here.....I used a string to line up the stakes first, and then attached the wood to the stakes.  My entire outline of the yard, driveway, flowerbeds I did this way... about 400' of c9's.

I am looking at upgrading the wood to metal electrical conduit, but its about 20 times the cost but looks like it will hold up for the long haul better. 

I am doing the same thing this year with smart pixels with the C9 globes on them. I have 500 of them on order spaced 12 inches apart and I am planning on using 1x2 painted black with 10 inch nails staked through them so I can keep them straight.

Ooooh, Mr. P you just gave me an idea. I have about 500 GE Color Effects bulbs that don't currently have a purpose in life. I would not need anywhere near 500, but I could use around 120 of them. Better yet, there is a SanDevices E6804 controller right there with three spare outputs.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/6/2016 at 2:51 PM, Don said:

Google 'Christmas light stakes'

Much, much, much easier.

Thanks Don, I thought about those and i have some test. best part there is that i can leave the bulbs attached and roll the strings up at the end of the year. 

Thanks

On 5/6/2016 at 3:32 PM, ericm said:

so i did my entire yard with c9's this year.  I used about a 1/2 by 1/2 piece of wood i cut, painted black.  And ran the strings on the wood, I used a combination of zip ties and a staple gun to attach to the wood.  I used light stakes into the ground and zip tied the wood to the stakes, that were placed about every 3-4 feet.  big key here.....I used a string to line up the stakes first, and then attached the wood to the stakes.  My entire outline of the yard, driveway, flowerbeds I did this way... about 400' of c9's.

I am looking at upgrading the wood to metal electrical conduit, but its about 20 times the cost but looks like it will hold up for the long haul better. 

Do you have an image to share? Thx