Light-O-Rama Forums

Advise 2nd Song

Dave Mendez

Alright so this is my 2nd song and just looking for advise on more experience light o rama programmers. What do you guys think about this?  Am I doing it right? Should I do something else on it? I know its not a full video its just a short video to get advise from you guys. Maybe later Ill upload it to youtube. (if it doesnt get blocked lol)

Thanks

https://youtu.be/v__9R9CBMAU

I am thinking on switching it a bit maybe try something different but was thinking for Christmas season. Going to have Christmas songs too. Not sure how it would work out. 

So so my whole idea is to have the lights going on and my dress as Santa and dancing to music and waving to people. I am still double thinking on doing that lol. But that's my idea. Change things a bit

Edited by Dave Mendez
Add more info

I think it might depend a great deal on how well you twist.

As for sequencing, try a few fades.  You can achieve the same speed without all the abruptness.

I think it might depend a great deal on how well you twist.

As for sequencing, try a few fades.  You can achieve the same speed without all the abruptness.

Yes, I agree, slow down a little, maybe overlap a few elements, so there's not so much on/off... Try fade in and fade out and let the elements stay on and off for more then one beat.

I liked it and thought it would be great for New Years. Of course if you dress as Santa and get giggy with it... You MUST post the video.

• Like 1

Sounds good.

I personally like to break down the song by what I can hear.

One element could be the vocals, another the bass or lower pitched instruments and a third could be higher pitched.

Another option is thinking about the song and what kind of message you're looking to convey.