Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Data splitting?

Sizzler

This year doing the roof in pixels, and have a spot where it is lets say an upside down Y over garage. At first I was thinking running full length down one side-then at the end of that length take an extension to either the top or bottom of the branch off.  Then I got to wondering ( I know is a bad idea) what if we "hypothetically" say we have 10 pixels-we then at the end of that take two runs of 10 more pixels. Would we now have 2 #11's, 2#12's, 2-#13's,etc.??  Just wondering if that would work, and if so what are draw backs? Or is there a easy way of again lets say we have 10, then the off shoot of 10 more(11-20), we now loop back to the 10 on other side making that side 21-30 is there a way to have #'s 21-30 clone from #'s 11-20? Thoughts??Just asking before I try it, and with my luck blow controller.. lol. Thanks in advance...

Edited by Sizzler

Splitting pixel data does work.

The drawback is you cannot control them individually. 

You can create much better prop which you have more control over just by using a bit more wire.

Thanks EmmienLightFan being its an upside down v over garage, and thinking most if not all sequences/animations will have them going together as pairs, I was more thinking that sequencing  would be easier. or is there an easy way to (again this is example) make 21-30 copy 11-20? when using PE effects?

I understand exactly what you're saying. But keep in mind that you're going to have the same number of pixels up there just wired differently and you're going to lose some flexibility whith your sequencing. For instance everything will look fine if you're running colors up and down but what if you want to sweep from side to side? I would wire all your pixels in a series just to keep your options open. This is a case of been-there-done-that

• Like 1