Light-O-Rama Forums

Face plus Pixel Strip Tree

gsmith37064

I will be running the 16 strand Holiday coro tree as well as a singing face this year. I am wondering for those that have done this if this face is noticeable? Part of me thinks it will be lost to the Pixel Strip Tree. Just wondering if it's over kill.

It's a different element to your total display.  Different people  notice different things, and you notice different elements at different times. Due to size and brightness, a 16 ribbon tree is likely the first thing people notice as an individual item.  In sequencing you can highlight different elements to accent the music and help tell a story.  Some parts might be the faces ONLY.

I agree with the above. I too have a HC ribbon tree along with ribbon rings, singing  faces and a smart pixel tree to go along with my 5 LOR controllers and another 16 DMX mini trees. I feel it's all about placement. No one can see the ENTIRE display all at once unless they are half a block back. Each person will see one part at a time. They will be able to enjoy each individual piece as long as they want. If they don't see the whole thing it gives them a chance to return to see more. 

I Agree there is no such thing as over kill, its more of a prioritizing  which element you buy first and is there room in your yard or the neighbors.

On 4/19/2016 at 3:32 PM, Grinch said:

I Agree there is no such thing as over kill, its more of a prioritizing  which element you buy first and is there room in your yard or the neighbors.

Does the neighbor have to know?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2016 at 9:06 AM, gsmith37064 said:

I will be running the 16 strand Holiday coro tree as well as a singing face this year. I am wondering for those that have done this if this face is noticeable? Part of me thinks it will be lost to the Pixel Strip Tree. Just wondering if it's over kill.

Thats Blasphemy 

I have my mega tree in front of the porch, and the 4 singing tree faces set off to the side. I have the elements set apart enough that it works perfect together. When i took this pic i was actually donw low, but from the street you can see over the fans and see it all very well.

2 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Does the neighbor have to know?

You just slowly add things closer and closer to the  property line until it becomes a grey area  Then just keep going.

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

You just slowly add things closer and closer to the  property line until it becomes a grey area  Then just keep going.

Thanks for info guys. Just a little worried that the face will become lost with the tree running.

Or you just offer them 8 channels to plug in their lights to the show. At which point their whole yard is yours now. :)